TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

How Does One Find List of Fixes/Changes Made in Updates?
Read 3800 times
* September 07, 2012, 07:51:01 AM
Hello All,

An update to TC V19.1 Professional Platinum x64 was released recently. (Build 43.2) How does one find out what changes, additions, and fixes were made?  Traditionally a list of these are published along with the update. I found several lists on the main TC website, but for older releases.

Thank you,

Kate---

Kate---

TurboCAD Professional V19.1 x64

* September 07, 2012, 08:20:30 AM
only thing could I find is the laundry list at the following link toward the bottom of the page.I would guess they be the same for 32 bit as well 64bit

http://www.turbocad.com/Support/TurboCADv19Updates/tabid/2098/Default.aspx
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 11:42:19 AM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* September 07, 2012, 08:27:28 AM
Thank you, wd, for your reply.

I saw the list, too. From the way it was titled, it looked like it was a list of fixes/additions for the first release of V19.1. It would be nice to have those lists published for the benefit of the TC Community.  Such information may not be hugely in demand, but can be useful for those users waiting on changes, fixes, and additions.

Kate---

Kate---

September 07, 2012, 08:33:56 AM
Kate, I would recommend that you send Dave Taylor a personal email and/or message via this Forum, referring to this Topic and your request; it's a very valid request, and one that Dave would want attended to as much as you. [the listing of the "fixes" in the Update(s)]

Dave scans the Forum often for issues that he might be of help on, but I wouldn't want him to miss this Topic.  Like I say, it's one that he would want to address.  Dave would be the best "go-to" guy at IMSI/TurboCAD on this.

----
Others would be very interested:  Where did you find the new update?  How did you come across it, and how did you discover what build number it was?

(Doesn't affect [effect?] me much personally:  I am only using version 19.1 in a "trial-period", expiring 9/9; I do not intend to make the purchase to upgrade from my much steady, much reliable, version 11.2.)

-Alvin
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 09:18:22 AM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* September 07, 2012, 09:58:06 AM
Hey Alvin,

Thanks much for the suggestion to send a message to Dave T.  I will get that done.

Effective software development projects maintain a database to track bugs/issues (includes fixes and enhancements).  One of the attributes tracked is when the bug fix was added to a software release, so producing such reports should be very easy.

To answer your questions:

1. A notice of an update was pushed to my desktop yesterday. I have been having significant issues with screen renderings of 2D walls, so I wanted to install it and see if any improvements had been made.  However, I have been at the application development game (as PM) for long enough to know the importance of understanding what the update will fix. So, I looked for a list of fixes for the update and couldn't find one. I also could not find any announcement of an update to V19.1 Professional x64 on the TC website nor the TC Forum, and that also seemed strange to me. Perhaps I do not know where to look.

2. I tend keep up with that stuff (build numbers), especially when I am having continuing issues and am not receiving timely responses from Technical Support. For example, there are times when my entire screen clears after editing a block and coming back to model space. I am forced to restart the application to get the contents of the model space to reappear. Annoying! I have several active trouble tickets on this and similar issues.

3. The version and build number is found in Help -> About TurboCAD. Look at the top line of the window.

It is pretty cool you are very productive using V 11.2. When was that version first released?? Geeks tend to hop on the "latest and greatest" version of an application  'cause it has *got* to be better than an older version---right??? Naw, t'aint necessarily so.

Kate---

Kate---

September 07, 2012, 10:27:31 AM
Hey Alvin,

Thanks much for the suggestion to send a message to Dave T.  I will get that done.

Effective software development projects maintain a database to track bugs/issues (includes fixes and enhancements).  One of the attributes tracked is when the bug fix was added to a software release, so producing such reports should be very easy.

To answer your questions:

1. A notice of an update was pushed to my desktop yesterday. I have been having significant issues with screen renderings of 2D walls, so I wanted to install it and see if any improvements had been made.  However, I have been at the application development game (as PM) for long enough to know the importance of understanding what the update will fix. So, I looked for a list of fixes for the update and couldn't find one. I also could not find any announcement of an update to V19.1 Professional x64 on the TC website nor the TC Forum, and that also seemed strange to me. Perhaps I do not know where to look.

2. I tend keep up with that stuff (build numbers), especially when I am having continuing issues and am not receiving timely responses from Technical Support. For example, there are times when my entire screen clears after editing a block and coming back to model space. I am forced to restart the application to get the contents of the model space to reappear. Annoying! I have several active trouble tickets on this and similar issues.

3. The version and build number is found in Help -> About TurboCAD. Look at the top line of the window.

It is pretty cool you are very productive using V 11.2. When was that version first released?? Geeks tend to hop on the "latest and greatest" version of an application  'cause it has *got* to be better than an older version---right??? Naw, t'aint necessarily so.

Kate---

Kate, you wrote--> "A notice of an update was pushed to my desktop yesterday."  What does that mean?--- "pushed to ... dektop"?

----
If I remember correctly, version 11 came out about late '04 to early '05.  Intending to be one of those people that kept up with the upgrades (I started with TurboCAD in yr. 2000, version 6.5- same time I purchased my first computer and taught myself Quickbooks for my contracting business), I upgraded immediately from my ver. 10.5 when ver. 11 became available; version 11 had two major updates, 11.1 &11.2 .  In the 2D world, version 11.2 does all I need it to do, and most I want it to; additionally, I have found a lot of use and benefit from it using it's 3D capabilties.  Although I bought Henry's books, I never did spend any real amount of time or effort on self-educating on rendering & photo-realistic modeling- i.e.: lighting and materials.

----
This TurboCAD Forum is very fortunate to have you as an added member, Kate; the Forum should hope that you stick around for the long-term.   Your education, professional/career background, experience offers a great deal of intelligent insight, perspective, and queries that is such a welcome addition to this Fourm- not to mention what comes across as your affable nature being a breath of fresh air.

----
Once my version 19 trial-period expires, I will be spending a lot less time on the Forum.  It's not fun- and is actually frustrating- not to be able to Open and work with the files that other Users upload for help with, and not having the most recent version to reference when reviewing and interacting with the discussions.

-Alvin
« Last Edit: September 07, 2012, 10:44:56 AM by Alvin Gregorio »

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* September 07, 2012, 11:02:50 AM
It's coming up in the low right corner of your screen

Torfinn

V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18/ 19 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe 2015/ 16/ 19
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

September 07, 2012, 11:25:12 AM
It's coming up in the low right corner of your screen

Torfinn

I'm assuming you are referring to my query to Kate: "A notice of an update was pushed to my desktop yesterday."  What does that mean?--- "pushed to ... dektop"?, Torfinn.

My only using the "trial period version", and not being a Registered user of version 19, I assume I am not in the database of those who get notified via that automatic notification that pops up in the lower right corner when TC ver.  19 is open ('cause, I'm not getting that).

That's cool.

Thanks Torfinn.  -Alvin

Alvin Gregorio

* September 07, 2012, 11:33:49 AM
Alvin,

"Push" in computer jargon is when something is sent to an application on your computer without the application asking for it to be sent. A common example of this is email. The email application on your computer does not "ask" for email, but processes the email that is pushed to it.

"Pull" is when an application requests something from another application. The most prevalent example of this is a web browser application which requests pages be delivered from a web server application.

Kate---

Kate---

September 08, 2012, 02:45:52 AM
Kate & Alvin

The TC19 Auto Update window appears once you open a new drawing or an existing one. It does not display on just starting TC19 I have found.

The info about what the update can be displayed by clicking on the the Latest version build number which the web address is http://www.turbocad.com/AutoUpdates/Build191432/tabid/2258/Default.aspx.

They have not written anything there yet, and I cannot get this update to install.

Turbotech (Rip Fowler) also publishes the updates here on this forum - http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,8998.0.html
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 02:15:17 PM by Darrel Carl Durose »

Daz…

V2019 Plat 64bit, Lenovo P72 Laptop, Window 10 Pro for Workstations, Intel Xeon E-2186 CPU @ 2.90 Ghz (6 cores/12 threads), 32GB RAM, 512GB & 1TB SSD's, Nvidia P5200 c/w Max=Q Design GPU, Display UHD 3840 x 2160 pixels
TurboCAD user since V3 and Turbocad 3D V1.

* September 08, 2012, 08:44:44 AM
re: They have not written anything there yet, and I cannot get this update to install.

Once the update has downloaded, it will show up in a "Update" folder. For me, it's at: C:\ProgramData\IMSIDesign\TurboCAD Professional 19 64-bit\Updates. You should see a "19" icon by the Notification Area (right-side of Windows Taskbar) after the download and clicking on that will start the Update process. If not there, look for "19_1_43_2.exe" in the "Update" folder and open/run that file. If nothing works, contact Support.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* September 09, 2012, 09:47:53 AM
This is what I've seen for the 43.2 Build:
  • Edit Tool. The invisible Lights are selected together with visible entities in Edit Tool mode.
  • 64-bit Chain Polyline tool works very slowly.
  • improved navigiation between model space and paper spaces.
  • Editing the source and updating of patterns
  • Intersection snap works incorrectly with a Bezier.
  • Part Tree locks up TurboCAD when selecting 3D Chamfer or 3D Fillet.
  • Pick Point hatching does not work with radial copy of circles when 3D selector is used.
  • Splines on locked layers can be changed with edit tool.
  • Workplane by 3 points is not working properly with attached drawing.
  • Using in Redsdk material texture is seen in Hidden Line Redsdk mode.
  • Unhandled exception at click in Ruler for Mtext during its editing in DWG drawing with Mtext having
  • An offset copy of the Bezier, located on non-Top workplane, is always created on World workplane.
  • Incorrect result of Offset from Bezier.
  • Incorrect work of Offset tool with region.
  • It is impossible to exit from Offset tool via Cancel Local menu item or Esc key.
  • Unhandled Exception message appears at using Offset with Rounded corners on a Double Line closed entity, when Auto Add Constraints=ON.
  • All entities from drawing disappear after Finish Block/Group Editing in Hidden Lines Redsdk or any Render Redsdk modes.
  • Block attributes don't update in Block insertions after Sync. block attributes in Redsdk mode.
  • Constrained block marks and constrained dimensions move in Redsdk mode at Edit tool (edit in place) block insertion.
  • Content of block is invisible in Edit Content mode in Redsdk if "Caching of the model space" option is turned off.
  • Displacement of block insertion takes place at Edit in Place it in Redsdk mode.
  • Incorrect view of Mtext laying on not By World workplane in Redsdk mode in DWG drawing from ACAD
  • Incorrect view of block Edit Content in Redsdk mode if "Caching of the model space" option is turned on
  • Isoline labels of terrain look incorrectly after changing Space Units in Redsdk mode.
  • Mtext with By Block color is invisible in Redsdk mode on Black background.
  • Improved messaging about missing XREF files appear in Redsdk mode.
  • Quality render launches instead of Redsdk Draft render and TurboCAD hangs up in selector mode.
  • Scalable text is not filled in Redsdk mode if it has B/W or Black index color.
  • Sizes of Lights change incorrectly after change of Space Units in Redsdk mode.
  • There is incorrect selection visual effect in Redsdk mode.
  • Unhandled exception at Set "None" material for selected 3D objects with Redsdk materials in Redsdk Hidden Line mode
  • Incorrect Redsdk Hidden Line and any Redsdk Render for 3DMeshes in PENTAGON_exploded.tcw drawing.
  • Incorrect view of 3D splines with Pen World width scaling in Redsdk mode.
  • Unhandled exception at scrolling vertices for selected polyline in Selection Info palette.
  • Crash TCAD when creade 'Add" for Parametric Furniture in Symbol Library in TC Explorer
  • Passive text looks blured in panels when "Dark-grey" theme selected.
  • Displacement of text takes place in Native Draw page with GDI option.
  • There text cut off in the end of "Export solids as surfaces" option name in 3DM File Export dialog.
  • Failed to open: <path>: Operand stack overflow message appears when trying to open the "08.EPS" file.
  • TurboCAD crashes when creating new Profile Style in x64 bit version
  • Workplane by 3 Points doesn't work for large objects.
  • IMSI.User.UE when creating new profile style in v19.1 64-bit.
  • Server Busy panel appears after using Chain Polyline function for Curve objects.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* September 09, 2012, 11:59:23 AM
Thank you, John, for the information. I hope that TC technical Support recognizes there is a demand for this information and continues to provide it for the benefit of the TC Community.

Kate---

Kate---