TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Sample Tutorials with Turbocad 19 Deluxe
Read 7714 times
* July 09, 2012, 12:03:08 PM
Hi

Although I have used very early versions of Turbocad on and off, I only used it for very basic 2D drawings.  I have now purchased Version 19 Deluxe and would like to dig a lot deeper into this program than I did before.

Unfortunately I can't find any good tutorials for the Deluxe version.  I have studied several Youtube videos, only to find the info is not available in the Deluxe version.   Within the Documents - Turbocad deluxe 19 - Drawings - Samples folder there are some 'tutorial' drawings i.e. 3D Monitor etc.  What tutorials do they refer to, am I missing something in the manual ?

Glen

* July 09, 2012, 02:27:39 PM
I doubt you'll if find a abundance of tutorials for Deluxe.Below is few sites you can explore.

http://www.textualcreations.ca/

http://www.turbocad.com/TurboCAD/TurboCADWindows/Training/tabid/558/Default.aspx

http://www.cadcourse.com/

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* July 10, 2012, 12:43:49 AM
Hi WD

Thanks for your reply.

The drawings I mentioned in my second paragraph are within a folder called 'Tutorial' and there is a series of 13 drawings called 3Dmonitor - where do I find the tutorial that these drawings belong to ?

Thanks again

Glen

* July 10, 2012, 04:55:09 AM
Hi WD Thanks for your reply.The drawings I mentioned in my second paragraph are within a folder called 'Tutorial' and there is a series of 13 drawings called 3Dmonitor - where do I find the tutorial that these drawings belong to ?Thanks again Glen
Straight forward I don't know.To find the detail possibly if the maker autograph his or her work by filling the Summary Info dialog can be done with some detective work.Email TurboTech (Rip) of the Tubocad team.Click on the text over his avatar to send to a message he has several postings in the forum.He can give you more of direct answer.IMO they'll are just that sample files.Sorry I couldn't offer a better answer.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* July 10, 2012, 09:34:57 AM
The drawings I mentioned in my second paragraph are within a folder called 'Tutorial' and there is a series of 13 drawings called 3Dmonitor - where do I find the tutorial that these drawings belong to ?

Can't say for 100% certainty with regards to v19, but many of the ones in the samples folder in the past were linked to the IMSI printed 2D and 3D training guides, with an odd reference from the old quick start guide / manuals, basically they were pre-installed whether one bought the guides or not, and the guide would ask one to open a specific sample file, as i say occasionally in the manual it would ask one to open a specific sample file.

As I say I can't say for sure that this is still the case - hopefully someone who has used the IMSI training guides will comment, some may be simply samples of what one can achieve, the problem is that they are not seperated into deluxe and pro samples.

Andy

* July 10, 2012, 10:48:55 AM
WD, Andy

Thanks again for your help, its most appreciated   :)

I'll get on to the IMSI tech team, if I learn anything of interest I'll post it back here.

Glen

* July 11, 2012, 04:32:54 AM
I have just had an email from Rip who confirmed they were used in an old tutorial which is no longer available, but they have been retained just as example drawings.

Thanks for your help guys   :)

Glen