TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

window selecting objects
Read 1530 times
* July 09, 2012, 10:59:01 AM
Hello all, This forum has been a great resource to me over the years.  More often than not, the answer is here before I even realise I need to figure something out.  To those of you who take the time to craft responses, Thank You!

I have been using TurboCAD Deluxe since version 15 and I have just recently switched to version 19 Designer as I do most of my work in 2D.  One behaviour I have noticed that I would like to manipulate is how the software determines what objects become captured when you use the window select tool.  With TC Deluxe 17, I could window select and even objects that were not entirely highlighted by the bounding box would become selected.  I could then deselect the one or two that I did not require and press on with the operation I needed to carry out.  With 19, I need to encompass the entire object before it will select as part of the selected group.  Is there a trick that I am missing as far as setting how the window select tool operates?

Many Thanks!

* July 09, 2012, 11:15:47 AM
Creating a selection window from left to right, selects items within the selection window. Creating a selection window from right to left, selects everything that is within, and crossed by, the selection window.

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64

* July 09, 2012, 11:21:23 AM
And there ya have it- is this a new feature or has it always operated like that?  I can't beleive I never noticed.

Thanks a bunch!

* July 09, 2012, 11:51:17 AM
New starting in v18... some like it, some don't.

You're welcome.

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64