TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Component Wall World Plan View
Read 625 times
April 25, 2019, 01:36:31 PM
Is there a way to change where the hatch or wall lines are read while in world plan view? If I use component walls and offset the bottom elevation of a component, that component is missing in the world plan. Is there a way to tell the program to read that view from an offset.

Image 1 show 2 inside components offset 2" up from the workplane.
Image 2 show 2 inside components offset 12" up from the workplane.
Image 3 show world plan view, offset wall components do not show.

Ant way to get all components to show?

* April 25, 2019, 01:47:00 PM
If you ask about what i believe, in the wall style, go to the bottom of it and set the Cut Plane higth somewhere above the lift heigth, i use 400 mm as default as i only very seldom use slab with thickness over 400. ( Default is 0 )

Torfinn

V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18/ 19 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe 2015/ 16/ 19
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

April 25, 2019, 02:07:07 PM
If you ask about what i believe, in the wall style, go to the bottom of it and set the Cut Plane higth somewhere above the lift heigth, i use 400 mm as default as i only very seldom use slab with thickness over 400. ( Default is 0 )

Torfinn

Thanks Torfinn, I knew there was something but couldn't think what it was called and could not see it, since it is virtually hidden in the palette. Can't really get it to show, but I can click into the value field and it will show, but it can snap closed again really easy.

April 25, 2019, 02:09:58 PM

Torfinn

Thanks Torfinn, I knew there was something but couldn't think what it was called and could not see it, since it is virtually hidden in the palette. Can't really get it to show, but I can click into the value field and it will show, but it can snap closed again really easy.

I can see it well if I roll up all the components.

* April 25, 2019, 03:25:12 PM
Yes, it have to be in the Style, aka below the dotted line if you do it in Selection Info Palette.
Anyway, glad i understand it correct and it now works out.

BTW, if you make a new video tutorial about drawing house, be aware that i do the same :), i already have made it in Norwegian, miss only 1 or maybe 2 video's i guess to complete the series, and then i will redo it in English ( my kind of English :)), and put it out for free on YouTube.
The Norwegian version have been pretty popular, but only visible for members on DAKnor's membersite.

I was just finish with it using RedSDK when we get to know that IMSI switched from RedSDK to LigthWork, dang, ok one more time, very boring :)

Torfinn

Deluxe 2015/ 16/ 19
RedSDK enabled

April 25, 2019, 04:32:33 PM
Yes, it have to be in the Style, aka below the dotted line if you do it in Selection Info Palette.
Anyway, glad i understand it correct and it now works out.

BTW, if you make a new video tutorial about drawing house, be aware that i do the same :), i already have made it in Norwegian, miss only 1 or maybe 2 video's i guess to complete the series, and then i will redo it in English ( my kind of English :)), and put it out for free on YouTube.
The Norwegian version have been pretty popular, but only visible for members on DAKnor's membersite.

I was just finish with it using RedSDK when we get to know that IMSI switched from RedSDK to LigthWork, dang, ok one more time, very boring :)

Torfinn

Thanks. I am planning a new architectural tutorial since I have been having requests for a new one. I am shooting for something a bit different but which still utilizes the architectural tools. I have something in mind am I am just designing my reference material at this point.

* April 25, 2019, 05:17:05 PM
I got the feeling of that, thats why i did mention it :)

I did check on your place before starting the project, there wasn't any new there so i start.
You have seen the house before i assume, in IMSI's New features about openings in roofslabs in v 2017 ? a brown and white creamkake house :)
I figured out it was interesting to making a video for starters on that one, no advanced renderstuff, "color" and shadows is all i need.

Torfinn

Deluxe 2015/ 16/ 19
RedSDK enabled

April 25, 2019, 05:38:37 PM
I look forward to seeing your tutorial.

I've spent some time on mine today and I am already seeing component wall issues. I believe you are familiar with them, where the walls break and the materials bleed through. Last time I made a house video series I ran into this same BS, had to say in the series that "well, I wanted to use component walls, but they break and are a pain in the butt to fix, so we will just use the regular wall tools." This is the kind of stuff IMSI should fix instead of pumping out new versions with nothing much new to offer. Now I have to decide whether or not I really want to move forward with this. Maybe I make it with etch-a-sketch instead :-).

April 25, 2019, 11:36:21 PM
Maybe I make it with etch-a-sketch instead :-).

Thank you Don, 

you've just brightened up my day!  :)

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2016/2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2018/2019 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab 5.2.
Windows 10 Pro 1903 (Build 18362.476) 64-bit

* April 26, 2019, 01:01:44 AM
Mine is a bit different as i do show if/ when i do wrong also, and in case how to fix it, only thing i cut out is when i coughing and sniffing :)

Normally it go/ show wrong in a diagonal in the length direction of the wall, if it's to small place left from door/ window.
And if corners of an internal walls meeting at exact same place in a corner of an external, and i real life it do this very often, they will mix together and make a mess out of it, it's the kiss my … effect that make it happen, so i always try to remember to turn of Link walls when i do internal walls.
It can also just be a tiny workplane issue, so that is the first thing i try for fix it.
The most "funny" resently was a 12 m long wall, 3 m was 5 Component ("framewall") in the beginning, then a different 5 component wall  ( isolated concrete ) for the rest, the frame wall figured out it would like to kiss the buttom of a wall in the other end of the 9 m wall, put a "tongue" out for it, true a window in the concrete wall, especial fun in render and in plan view wireframe ;)
There is a lot of wasted time, so as i say in a different tread, next project will be standard + multiline to see if there is difference when it comes to timeuse, as it do take a lot of time to sort out all the different quirk with componentwalls, but still i like to use them.

Torfinn

Deluxe 2015/ 16/ 19
RedSDK enabled