TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Need Help & Advice on 2015 Pro Platinum Materials
Read 1429 times
* March 27, 2015, 09:52:30 AM
Hello All.  I’m a long time user of the TurboCAD software and over the years I have build a large collection of material images (for wrapping applications), manufacture paint brand colors and textures.  I have just installed TurboCAD 2015 Pro. Platinum and it appears to not use the same material file locations and file types as Pro Platinum v20. 
1.   Does anyone have any advice on transferring over the material files from v20 to 2015 Pro Platinum? 
2.   Also does anyone know of a good book of document that explains creating materials in 2015 Pro Platinum? 
3.   I’m not sure how to use LightWorks vs. RedSDK, so any advice on that is helpful also.
Thanks,
W3Leon

Thanks,
Walt W.
Everett, WA

March 27, 2015, 10:02:45 AM
W3Leon,

In all likely hood you created those materials in the Light Works Render. In 2015 if you want to use those materials, you will need to purchase and install the LightWorks plug-in.

To set the rendering engine to RedSDK or LightWorks, you will need to access Camera properties for the different render settings, wireframe, hidden line, draft, quality and advanced.

To get there, right click anywhere on the drawing space then right click any one of the Teacups to open camera properties. On the render modes you want to use LightWorks or RedSDK set the Rendering Type accordingly.

* March 27, 2015, 11:40:34 AM
Thanks...I'll spend a few hours trying that this weekend...before I purchase another software add-on.  I purchased Animation Lab at the same time as 2015 Pro Plat., so until I get some new projects my budget is spent...lol.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 11:42:13 AM by w3Leon »

Thanks,
Walt W.
Everett, WA

* March 29, 2015, 04:29:25 PM
I tried a few experiments with learning RDK materials and it looks like I'm going to need some instructions.  Does anyone have a website or instruction manual recommendation for creating RDK materials ....and .... if something needs to be done with camera's & lights? 

In my experimenting phase I noticed that the material shown in the Render Manager (small preview window) did not show the same once I returned to the 3D model and clicked on Quality Render.  Therefore I'm thinking that something needs to also be done with the Light and Camera settings???

Thanks,
Walt W.
Everett, WA