TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Stopped by to say hi
Read 2478 times
* March 26, 2015, 05:16:52 PM
It has been a very long time since I have been in here but I still see a lot of familiar names. I have not been designing since the economy came to a halt in 2008 and had to change careers. I just recently thought about the beta forum, wondered if I was still a member, and sure enough I am. Anyway, just wanted to say hi. I wish I had the time to be involved with TC again, I had a lot of fun with the program and the people involved with the testing and development are probably the nicest, most helpful people on the planet. I hope you are all doing well!

TurboCAD Pro Platinum 2018 64-bit version 25.0 build 41.0 Windows 10 Home - Intel Core i3-700 CPU @ 3.90 GHz - 64-bit OS, x64 based processor

March 27, 2015, 04:50:36 AM
Hey K! Hope you and yours are doing well.

Very long time no see!

I ditto your post. I peek in from time to time to see whats up, and seems all the great and good folks are still at it. I am humbled and in awe of the amazing talent that this forum exposes. The man-years of effort and ingenuity of this group is truly amazing. Loyalty is defined by the diligent efforts of those here who continue to mop up after IMSI's continual release of software that is not ready.

Mostly I keep to myself, as my opinions seem to make the monitors use the delete function quite often. Take care and be well!! Keep on shining in all you do.

Best regards,
Bud

Win 8.1 Pro ~TC 21.2 Pro Plat
ASUS Sabertooth X79 LGA 2011 Intel X79
Intel Core i7-4930K~PNY NVIDIA Quadro K2200
G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 1866 
Corsair CPU Cooler H100i
SanDisk Ultra Plus 256GB SATA 6.0GB/s SSD
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB (x2)
Stable @ 4.5 GigHz overclocked
NICE

* March 27, 2015, 01:24:09 PM
It has been a very long time since I have been in here but I still see a lot of familiar names. I have not been designing since the economy came to a halt in 2008 and had to change careers. I just recently thought about the beta forum, wondered if I was still a member, and sure enough I am. Anyway, just wanted to say hi. I wish I had the time to be involved with TC again, I had a lot of fun with the program and the people involved with the testing and development are probably the nicest, most helpful people on the planet. I hope you are all doing well!

What's your new career Kevin?

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum
2020 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

* March 28, 2015, 05:38:52 AM
I became a truck driver. I drive for US Foods and deliver locally, so I'm home every night. Very hard work, I move about 20,000 lbs by hand every day. But the pay and benefits are very good. In hindsight, the collapse of the economy was actually a blessing I think. For me anyway.

TurboCAD Pro Platinum 2018 64-bit version 25.0 build 41.0 Windows 10 Home - Intel Core i3-700 CPU @ 3.90 GHz - 64-bit OS, x64 based processor

March 29, 2015, 06:31:23 AM
I became a truck driver. I drive for US Foods and deliver locally, so I'm home every night. Very hard work, I move about 20,000 lbs by hand every day. But the pay and benefits are very good. In hindsight, the collapse of the economy was actually a blessing I think. For me anyway.

Hi Kevin.  Thanks for sharing.

For those of us that are also working through possible career-change decisions, may I ask at what age were you when you made the move to the very different-- and much more physically demanding-- occupation?

Also, regarding that physical aspect, what are your thoughts & feelings on going from a relatively sedentary occupation to a much more physical one?

And-- assuming you worked primarily on an independent-contractor basis when doing CAD work-- what are your thoughts/feelings on now being in more of a typical employer/employee situation? (I'm assuming that is your current case)

-Alvin

Alvin Gregorio
Intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 (ver6.5).  No formal CAD Training.
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* March 29, 2015, 10:35:31 AM
It was a good move for sure, for several reasons. It got me back into decent physical shape. It literally took 3 months for my body to quit hurting. They estimate that we walk about 8-10 miles each day. A lot of people think that sitting in a chair for a living is a good occupation, horrible for you health though. The other benefits of the job are insurance, steady work, great pay, etc. Although I do miss being able to take time off when I want to. The experience that I gained by designing with TurboCAD is still very valuable to me as I still make a few bucks here and there doing maintenance on drawings that I did in the past. I actually have what I believe to be a patent-able idea that I will be using TC to design. I would not have had the resources to do what I am designing without the combined experience of drafting and the freight business. A position that I believe, God, or fate,   has put me into. Everything happens for a reason. Certain doors closed for me, but had they not, I wouldn't  have what I have now. It's all very hard to see until you get through it. Oh, and I was 42 when I made the decision to start driving, I am 47 now. Although there are a lot of drivers who don't get much physical activity, I would never want that kind of a driving job.