TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

IGES / STEP viewer
Read 9719 times
May 22, 2009, 01:32:00 PM
Does anyone know of a free and adequate IGES / STEP viewer?

* May 22, 2009, 01:59:34 PM
Don,

I had a post here.. but decided it better do send you and email.. be looking for it.

Greg
« Last Edit: May 22, 2009, 02:08:31 PM by GregT »

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64

May 22, 2009, 02:23:06 PM
Don,

I had a post here.. but decided it better do send you and email.. be looking for it.

Greg
Thanks Greg.

* May 22, 2009, 03:52:41 PM
Greg -  feel free to post it, if is just a viewer.
It might be useful to validate any issues we have with our interpreters.

May 22, 2009, 05:08:17 PM
Yes, please post it...  ;)

Mike...

* May 22, 2009, 05:14:20 PM
Greg -  feel free to post it, if is just a viewer.
It might be useful to validate any issues we have with our interpreters.

The program I sent Don wasn't just a viewer... but here is a link I sent to one of my customers. It does have problems from time to time... but usually works very well.

https://ssl.cadfaster.com/shop/quickstep.php

If you want, I can email you a link to the other CAD program... it's free, and does a great job of finding errors that TC sometimes creates with it's solids.... has saved my butt on many occasions. Seems to catch the same errors/problems that SolidWorks does... from short edges to totally corrupt parts... things that TC should do... IMHO.

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64

* November 21, 2009, 04:49:39 PM
There's a new program called CADExchanger at http://www.cadexchanger.com/, currently free in beta release, although I don't know what their commercial ambitions are.  It's a viewer/converter for IGES, STEP, BREP (OpenCascade native format), STL and VRML.  They're also planning and working on ACIS SAT and Parasolid X_T conversion.  Even at this early stage, it's a really nice viewer and a few tests that I've done have had reliable conversion to STL performed.  Although stl binary format has hiccups, ASCII stl works well.