TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

SOFTBOX HDRI for TurboCAD
Read 2233 times
January 12, 2014, 10:46:19 PM
Just wondering what others think of Softbox HDRI.

Can be found here  http://www.turbocad.com/TurboCAD/TurboCADWindows/CADCompanionProducts/SOFTBOXHDRI/tabid/1682/Default.aspx
I am looking for an app that makes for easy rendering of my 3D interior design in TC20.
It would be great to hear from users of Softbox and there opinion possibly samples of there work.

Thank you   John

January 16, 2014, 04:21:43 AM
Good day All,

Hope everyone has had a good rest over the festive season and prosperity for the new year.
Is there anyone out there possibly that knows about / used Softbox HDRI and what are the advantages using it.
I was wondering how it would benefit me in my interior design illustration work.

I am looking for an easier way to apply colors, textures wood grains, lighting and so on.

Many thanks

* January 16, 2014, 12:48:34 PM
hi John,
I've recently (about 3 weeks ago) purchased softbox.
attached is me playing with it
although this is just a model ,by making my own lighting enviroments , I have had some success  with interiors of buildings too
Personally I would ask Brad Easterday as he helped me greatly.

my Background:
ex toolmaker turned carpenter/interior refitter  who has to show customers how cabinets & rooms will look when they are finished

regards
mark

January 16, 2014, 12:54:19 PM
thank you Mark, i'm going to take a look.

The quality of the image is great. i would have struggled to get that looking like it does without having walls surrounding the model.
I wonder what that same model would look like without Softbox.
Would i be near correct if i said that Softbox improves the lighting, reflection and color.
There are 8 lights in model space. Did you put those lights in .. . 
hope you wont mind those questions

« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 01:26:54 PM by Up »

* January 17, 2014, 11:24:31 AM
hi John,
yes softbox  improves lighting, reflection & color.
but I must say that the tcw file does not have any lights switched on.
the lights you see are the standard light set that tc places for you when you draft ,quality or advanced render without using luminances
These are turned off, otherwise it makes this image too bright.
as a trial try the following:-
if you go to OPTIONS-RENDER SCENE LUMINANCE and set to NONE ,then re-render in quality, you will see a darkened image
I presume that this is lit only by the environment.
then go to VIEW- LIGHTS- RESTORE DEFAULTS(TOP ROW FAR RIGHT BUTTON) , re-render as above, a much more vivid ,almost sharper image appears.
it appears to me that a mix of softbox made enviroments & some lights can give a sharper image.
Hope this helps John.
regards
Mark

January 17, 2014, 05:54:53 PM
Thank you very much Mark.
Attached are the results.
I use "extract from" to import the bassinet cot into the TCW file you send me.
Then followed your instructions.
Looks beautiful.

Regards  John