TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

using 3D
Read 1708 times
* September 20, 2009, 11:25:44 AM
Hello all, I'm kind of new here and I have a few questions.
I design model airplanes and have always used a pencil and paper.  This is a new way to make designing better for me.  
I have seen on RC forums the pictures of the 3D renderings from Rhino and similar products and am amzed with the result.  
Can I do this with TurboCad 14?
Also, do I design in 2D or 3D to acheive this?

September 20, 2009, 11:38:04 AM
If you have the Pro version of TurboCAD you have a chance to create aircraft (not with Deluxe), but not without much effort. I did an airliner tutorial with V15 but it is was fairly simple design. It is/was created by lofting 2D profiles - so you are working with both 2D and 3D tools/objects.

I am not telling you this or showing you this to be a salesman, just to show that it is possible to a reasonable degree. See: http://www.textualcreations.ca/Textual%20Creations%20Shopping%20Page.html#Airliner_Tutorial

* September 20, 2009, 11:39:17 AM
For examples of TC's capabilities take a look at the Gallery.
TC, like all CAD systems, has a steep learning curve. I started with 2D way back in V3 and moved to 3D when I felt confident and it's 3D had grown up, but now I find that its quicker and easier to design in 3D from the start, and to use the Drafting Palette for creating 2D drawings.   

Gary Wooding
Win10 64-bit,
TC21.2 x64 Plat, Bld59
TC16.2 Plat, Bld54.0
TCC 3.5

* September 20, 2009, 06:26:29 PM
I do have the 14pro version.
I'll check out your tutorial, tanks.