TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Doublecad XTPro
Read 2563 times
* September 17, 2009, 10:37:29 AM
I have been receiving Emails for some time now regarding Digital Rivers new Doublecad program and I was interested to know if anyone here has purchased and used it. I downloaded their trial version and used it some but I did not like the hijacking of all the turbocad icons. I want to know which program a drawing was created in. Has this problem been resolved and do you like the program.

Myron TC16 Pro

September 18, 2009, 09:56:18 AM
The issue with the icons has been resolved in the latest release of DoubleCAD.

Rip Fowler
IMSIDesign LLC

* September 18, 2009, 12:38:25 PM
The issue with the icons has been resolved in the latest release of DoubleCAD.

For my they don't.
I have installed Doublecad, and all of the TC16 icons have changed on my laptop with Vista Ultamate.

Jan

September 18, 2009, 01:24:00 PM
I don't think the patch will undo the problem but on a new installation of DoubleCAD XT Pro M1 the problem does not exist.

Rip Fowler
IMSIDesign LLC

September 18, 2009, 05:13:53 PM
Please , i want to know

Why Double Cad against TC. I prefer a good TC, why they waste time to do parallel software?

Architect living in Mali ( West Africa)
Turbocad from TC3 to TC pro Plat 2020 user
www.quarc-design.com

* September 21, 2009, 11:57:30 AM
Please , i want to know

Why Double Cad against TC. I prefer a good TC, why they waste time to do parallel software?

Youssouf,
I'm a Autocad teacher at school, some of the students don't have the money to buy a licence of Autocad.
So they can make theire work at home with Doublecad.
And maybe if interested, they buy a (student) licence of TC at time.
And, however I teach 'Autocad' I still prefering TC. I'm a TC user since version 6.
Regards,
Jan  :)