TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

New to TurboCAD question...
Read 2050 times
* July 14, 2012, 03:53:42 PM
Having used AutoCAD LT for years, I'm new to TurboCAD and have a quick question...

In AutoCAD, I could select an object (such as a circle) then click on the List button to get the pertinent info of the object, such a circumference.

How do I do the same in TurboCAD?

Thanks!

* July 14, 2012, 05:14:58 PM
Having used AutoCAD LT for years, I'm new to TurboCAD and have a quick question...

In AutoCAD, I could select an object (such as a circle) then click on the List button to get the pertinent info of the object, such a circumference.

How do I do the same in TurboCAD?

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum VACaver,

'Selection Info' Palette is what you're after.

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

July 15, 2012, 12:37:51 PM
Welcome to Forum,

I used AC and ACLT at work. I use TC 11.2 Pro at home. Did mostly 2D work. I use a keyboard shortcut for Selection info.
Go Tools > Customize > Keyboard > View > View Selection Info (under command), then press new shortcut key. I used F12.
Unused in TC keyboard shortcuts.  Just one way. Someone may have a better and shorter way.

Welcome again,

Pat

* July 15, 2012, 02:05:12 PM
In V19, they currently have "Ctrl+Shift+I" as a hotkey to open the Selection Info palette. Expand the "Metrics" section and read or edit many of the the values. If you need to copy the info, click on the Copy icon in the palette. It will display "all" the info in your web browser, which can be copied-n-pasted into a word processor or saved as a *.TXT file.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 02:28:47 PM by John R »

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* July 21, 2012, 08:42:21 AM
Welcome to Forum,

I used AC and ACLT at work. I use TC 11.2 Pro at home. Did mostly 2D work. I use a keyboard shortcut for Selection info.
Go Tools > Customize > Keyboard > View > View Selection Info (under command), then press new shortcut key. I used F12.
Unused in TC keyboard shortcuts.  Just one way. Someone may have a better and shorter way.

Welcome again,

Pat

That's not in LTE 4

* July 21, 2012, 01:53:02 PM
The Help for TurboCAD LTE has a page for Selection Info Palette. I believe you can to get to that palette by right-clicking on any palette name tab. This opens to the Palette page in the Customize dialog where you can checkmark that palette. It should open immediately.

Or do you mean there isn't any Keyboard page in your version of LTE 4?

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

July 21, 2012, 10:25:11 PM
VACaver,

I downloaded the trial LTE4 ver.  Interesting software for autocad users.  You can use keyboard shortcut "CTRL 1". This will get you to
Selection Palette Info.  If you want to change shortcut go to Tools> Customize> Keyboard.  Under Category select Palettes then Selection Info.
and enter new shortcut.

Pat