TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

PDF Printing Questions
Read 1185 times
* July 22, 2012, 04:11:43 PM
What I am wanting to do is to print both rendered and nonrenderable objects using a PDF printer driver.

I have done this in the past, but it has been a while.  I also think it was with rendered views rather than Hidden Line drawings and nonrenderables.

Another question is how large of a drawing can I print using the PDF driver.  I would actually like to print full scale for inserting the PDF file into another application without having to scale the drawing.

I should probably clarify this a little more.

I can get the PDF of a Hidden Line drawing in TC to print, but it prints as a wireframe model with the nonrenderables.  What I want to do is to print the Hidden Line image as it appears on screen in the print preview window.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 04:22:06 PM by Rod Cole »

TC V21 Pro Platinum  Win 7 Professional

* July 22, 2012, 07:59:37 PM
From what I see, you have to use the normal Hiddenline with all 3 options checked. Those options don't work with RedSDK Hiddenline.

As far as Size goes, I guess it would be as big as you can specify for a custom page in your PDF software. Adobe goes up to 200×200 inches. I spec'd an Arch E size for this.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2020
Designer, Deluxe, (Basic, Expert, Professional), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1909), 64-bit

* July 22, 2012, 09:51:11 PM
Thanks John, worked like a charm.

I thought I might have to print a JPG and convert it to a PDF.  That does not do a bad job, but I would rather not have to do the extra steps.

This opens some big opportunities for me now that more programs are capable of importing PDF files.  I really like TC's ability to display Renderable and Nonrenderable objects in the same view.

I really appreciate the help as always.

Thanks again.

TC V21 Pro Platinum  Win 7 Professional