TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Why can't I snap to the center of the circle?
Read 4150 times
* February 01, 2012, 11:11:06 AM
The attached drawing contains a circle with stuff inside it.  For some reason TC won't let me snap to the center of the circle.   Why can't I?

* February 01, 2012, 11:15:01 AM
No problems here.

Have you tried closing TC and restarting? Sometimes it will cure such problems.

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64

* February 01, 2012, 11:17:08 AM
I was able to snap a cross,star,dimension tool.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* February 01, 2012, 01:56:38 PM
I don't know why I wasn't already aware of it, but to snap to the center of a circle you have to put the cursor on or near the circle, not the center of the circle.  I've been using TC for quite a while, so I just don't understand how I could have gotten this wrong.  Sorry for having asked such a trivial question.

* February 01, 2012, 02:30:17 PM
Funny thing another member made a similar query I should of mention my swf.file demo. ;)

http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,8111.msg46867.html#msg46867

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* February 01, 2012, 02:37:20 PM
From ancient memory, I think that is AC convention followed by most CAD.