TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Somehow only creating vertical or horizontal lines
Read 3720 times
* February 01, 2012, 07:50:40 AM
Hello all,

I'm just getting to grips with Turbocad and seem to bee inadvertently switching on or locking something whereby lines can only be created horizontally or vertically. The cursor just doesn't move the line in any other angle than 0,90,180 or 270. What have I got turned off/on?

Also whilst I'm at it, wanting to draw a hexagon and thought there must be some simple entry somewhere. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks to anyone responding.

* February 01, 2012, 08:29:13 AM
it may be that you have your ortho on.Mode+Snaps+Snap options.There nothing to special about hexagon its located in the Insert+Line+Polygon.Than set the sides in lower left in the inspector bar

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* February 01, 2012, 08:44:34 AM
Thanks wd.

I've just discovered the ortho on icon and reckon I must have had that on as you say.
Regards the Insert Polygon, I created the hex like old school with with a circle and flats  :-[ However I will have a play with your advice and I'm sure will get there now.

Thanks again

* February 01, 2012, 09:19:45 AM
re: Hexagon

Here's something on the Polygon tool that WD mentioned and a link for the other Line tools.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* February 01, 2012, 09:28:43 AM
Thanks John

That site looks very useful for me at my stage of development.

Cheers

* February 01, 2012, 09:42:22 AM
You're welcome.

The site has an Index along the side that can be helpful. There are some "holes" in the info, but it's getting there.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit