TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

"Untab" Measurement Toolbar
Read 2767 times
* December 21, 2010, 08:23:23 AM
I want to "dock" the Measurement toolbar at the top of the window, but when I try to "click and drag" it there, it remains "tabbed", while other toolbars (Snap Modes, Boolean and FAcet, Standard Views, etc.) "dock" as untabbed.  Is there a way to change "tabbed" to "untabbed"??

December 21, 2010, 08:40:10 AM
I want to "dock" the Measurement toolbar at the top of the window, but when I try to "click and drag" it there, it remains "tabbed", while other toolbars (Snap Modes, Boolean and FAcet, Standard Views, etc.) "dock" as untabbed.  Is there a way to change "tabbed" to "untabbed"??

I think your asking how to create a new Measurement toolbar that you can dock separately?

See the screenshots...

Alan H

TC v12.5  platinum build 58.6 w/vista 32bit

* December 21, 2010, 09:54:45 AM
"I think your asking how to create a new Measurement toolbar that you can dock separately? See the screenshots..."

Not exactly.  In Version 15 under "Options" and "Toolbars and Menu", when you select the "Measurement" toolbar, it opens without a tab.  In later versions, selecting the same "Measurement" option opens it with a tab.  When I then drag the "Measurement"  toolbar up to the top of the Window to "dock" it along with "Snap", "Boolean and Facet", etc, "Measiurement" stays "tabbed", and the line-width expands to accomodate it.  I want to turn off the tab  But if I select "Measurement" under the "Toolbars" menu, the "Manage Tabs" option is grayed out and inactive.

December 21, 2010, 10:11:38 AM
In Version 15 under "Options" and "Toolbars and Menu", when you select the "Measurement" toolbar, it opens without a tab.  In later versions, selecting the same "Measurement" option opens it with a tab.  

I believe in my version 12 you have to use the V11 user interface to have that ability.  I don't use the V11 interface so I really don't know.

Sorry I can't be much more help, maybe someone else can chime in on this.

What version is your quarry about?

Alan H.

TC v12.5  platinum build 58.6 w/vista 32bit

* December 21, 2010, 12:22:00 PM
Just for comparison purposes, you might mention your version and type of TC.

My measurement toolbar with 16 Deluxe isn't tabbed, but maybe they tabbed it to make room for the extra measurement tools in the Pro version.

Mark

TCW Pro 14.2
TC Deluxe 16.2 Build 53.2

* December 22, 2010, 02:49:07 PM
re: Is there a way to change "tabbed" to "untabbed"?

Only in the Standard (V11) UI. When the dialog for "Tools/Customize" is open, you can manipulate the toolbar so that it is no longer "tabbed".

In Version 17 (Themes' UI), they now allow any toolbar to be deleted. You should be able to delete the existing Measurement toolbar, then create a new, untabbed, Measurement toolbar. After you get the new toolbar situated, update or create your custom Workspace (Tools/Customize—›Options page) so you don't have to recreate it later on.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit

* January 10, 2011, 08:19:26 AM
Thanks, John R.  That looks like exactly what I'm looking for. I'll give it a shot.

Sorry about the late response, but I've been down with the flu since 21 Dec. (And a nasty one it was..tried for pneumonia, it did).