TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Windsor's Finest
Read 2513 times
October 17, 2010, 08:07:13 PM
This is just something I worked on today to unwind with. Tweaked a bit in Photoshop. (BTW, the name of the cooper is just something I made up for this graphic, but I imagine there is someone with that name - but nobody I know.)

October 17, 2010, 09:50:10 PM
Nice work Don. I love the barrel. Somehow a glass of wine seems appropriate to savor.

...darn, we're out. :(

BradE [ dean3Design ]
Core i7-3930K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32GB 1333 DDR3, FirePro V5900
TC 21 Platinum (64-Bit) Running on Win7 Pro SP1

* October 18, 2010, 09:12:31 AM
Great work, Don. I’m liking the very subtle texture/bump on the metal barrel rings...and your choice of the classy font.

* October 18, 2010, 11:11:31 AM
Very nice, Don.

Henry H

* October 18, 2010, 11:47:44 AM
Excellent work Don, as with all of your work. Just something that I think would enhance it slightly, maybe a tiny chamfer of the top edges and outer edges with a shade or two darker to outline the segments a little more.

* October 18, 2010, 01:41:49 PM
This is just something I worked on today to unwind with. Tweaked a bit in Photoshop. (BTW, the name of the cooper is just something I made up for this graphic, but I imagine there is someone with that name - but nobody I know.)

So Mr. Cheke, did you actually make individual staves and radial copy? _ or did you simply make the overall shape and wrap with a floorboard material? Just curious. Nice work. Thanks. - Al

October 18, 2010, 01:57:32 PM

So Mr. Cheke, did you actually make individual staves and radial copy? _ or did you simply make the overall shape and wrap with a floorboard material? Just curious. Nice work. Thanks. - Al

What's with this Mr. business? :-)  I had a maple image that had sections pieced together so I just used an image wrap on a full revolve. I had started to create the barrel with individual staves, but did not need to in the end.

* October 18, 2010, 02:42:54 PM

What's with this Mr. business? :-)  I had a maple image that had sections pieced together so I just used an image wrap on a full revolve. I had started to create the barrel with individual staves, but did not need to in the end.

Aha! Didn't think that was white oak ;-) 

Henry H

* October 20, 2010, 11:23:02 AM
That's a nice one, Don.
I like the Font you used for the title very much. Classic and elegant.
I know that has nothing to do with modeling or rendering, but everything with design!
Cheers,

Rob