TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Windsor's Finest
Read 2461 times
October 17, 2010, 08:07:13 PM
This is just something I worked on today to unwind with. Tweaked a bit in Photoshop. (BTW, the name of the cooper is just something I made up for this graphic, but I imagine there is someone with that name - but nobody I know.)

October 17, 2010, 09:50:10 PM
Nice work Don. I love the barrel. Somehow a glass of wine seems appropriate to savor.

...darn, we're out. :(

BradE [ dean3Design ]
Core i7-3930K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32GB 1333 DDR3, FirePro V5900
TC 21 Platinum (64-Bit) Running on Win7 Pro SP1

* October 18, 2010, 09:12:31 AM
Great work, Don. I’m liking the very subtle texture/bump on the metal barrel rings...and your choice of the classy font.

* October 18, 2010, 11:11:31 AM
Very nice, Don.

Henry H

* October 18, 2010, 11:47:44 AM
Excellent work Don, as with all of your work. Just something that I think would enhance it slightly, maybe a tiny chamfer of the top edges and outer edges with a shade or two darker to outline the segments a little more.

* October 18, 2010, 01:41:49 PM
This is just something I worked on today to unwind with. Tweaked a bit in Photoshop. (BTW, the name of the cooper is just something I made up for this graphic, but I imagine there is someone with that name - but nobody I know.)

So Mr. Cheke, did you actually make individual staves and radial copy? _ or did you simply make the overall shape and wrap with a floorboard material? Just curious. Nice work. Thanks. - Al

October 18, 2010, 01:57:32 PM

So Mr. Cheke, did you actually make individual staves and radial copy? _ or did you simply make the overall shape and wrap with a floorboard material? Just curious. Nice work. Thanks. - Al

What's with this Mr. business? :-)  I had a maple image that had sections pieced together so I just used an image wrap on a full revolve. I had started to create the barrel with individual staves, but did not need to in the end.

* October 18, 2010, 02:42:54 PM

What's with this Mr. business? :-)  I had a maple image that had sections pieced together so I just used an image wrap on a full revolve. I had started to create the barrel with individual staves, but did not need to in the end.

Aha! Didn't think that was white oak ;-) 

Henry H

* October 20, 2010, 11:23:02 AM
That's a nice one, Don.
I like the Font you used for the title very much. Classic and elegant.
I know that has nothing to do with modeling or rendering, but everything with design!
Cheers,

Rob