TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Getting started with TurbCad DeLuxe
Read 1759 times
* July 25, 2016, 10:13:49 PM
I'm a total noob to turbCAD I recently purchased the 2016 DeLuxe version.
I want to use it to design an aluminum sheet metal intake manifold.

I tried starting by selecting DRAW then 3D Object then 3D Primitives then Box.

In the lower left corner I entered the dimensions Width 8.0"; Length 16.0"; Height 4.0"

All I get on the page is a pink cross and nothing happens

I've tried going thru the online manual but frankly it sucks when it come to how to do something.

* July 26, 2016, 01:53:54 AM
After you select the tool, did you click someplace in the drawing area, and after you did enter your values, did you hit enter, and are the layer you draw on visible ( open eye )
Just a few toughts.

Torfinn

V18, V19, V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17/ 18 Pro. Platinum
Deluxe V20, V21, 2015/ 16/ 17
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Home Premium 64 bit, 32 GB
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 780m, 1 GB

* July 26, 2016, 07:47:24 PM
Thanks for your reply
I tried the steps you suggested but still only get a pink X

* July 26, 2016, 11:28:31 PM
Thanks for your reply
I tried the steps you suggested but still only get a pink X

It sounds like snaps may be active with nothing to snap to, at the bottom of the screen towards the right are the words 'snap' & 'geo', right click on snap, will bring up a dialog box, try setting the three boxes marked 1,2 & 3 in that attached, number 1 will allow snaps to work but will use the mouse if nothing to snap to (Note - dialog may look slightly different as the one shown is from v16).

Then try inserting a box (click somewhere and type in sizes required).
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 11:30:29 PM by Andy H »

* July 27, 2016, 07:28:45 AM
I'm a total noob to turbCAD I recently purchased the 2016 DeLuxe version.
I want to use it to design an aluminum sheet metal intake manifold.

I tried starting by selecting DRAW then 3D Object then 3D Primitives then Box.

In the lower left corner I entered the dimensions Width 8.0"; Length 16.0"; Height 4.0"

All I get on the page is a pink cross and nothing happens

I've tried going thru the online manual but frankly it sucks when it come to how to do something.

Try these steps for drawing a Box: Select the Box tool as in your first step and wait for the instruction, "Specify the first vertex of the object base" to appear at the bottom left of your screen. Left-click anyplace in the drawing area, release the mouse button, and drag the cursor a short distance up and to the right. Press the TAB key to highlight the Width field in the Inspector Bar and type 8.0. TAB into the Length field and type 16.0. TAB into the Height field and type 4.0. Press Enter.

I'd recommend that you switch to one of the Isometric views first, so you can see the three-dimensionality of the object as it's being created.

Henry H