TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Inserted photos disappear, after reopening drawing?
Read 6424 times
* August 04, 2015, 07:23:56 AM
I inserted a bunch of photos in my drawing yesterday.  They where all JPG, if that matters.  today, I open the drawing, they are gone?  The frame of them is still there, but the pic is not?  I need to save a certain way or something?  Thanks in advance.

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 
Newbie, but Getting There.

* August 04, 2015, 09:04:16 AM
ok, I think I figured this out.  Somebody please tell me if there is a better way, or if am not doing it right. 

I am opening "Tools">"Raster Image">"Image Manager">"New">  once uploaded, I Click on embed.

I then open "Insert">"Picture">"From Image List"  I then select the embedded image from the list, and place it on my drawing.  It seems to stick?  Is this right?  Is there a faster way to do it?

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 

* August 04, 2015, 09:19:05 AM
ok, I think I figured this out.  Somebody please tell me if there is a better way, or if am not doing it right. 

I am opening "Tools">"Raster Image">"Image Manager">"New">  once uploaded, I Click on embed.

I then open "Insert">"Picture">"From Image List"  I then select the embedded image from the list, and place it on my drawing.  It seems to stick?  Is this right?  Is there a faster way to do it?

Click "Apply" after clicking "Embed." That'll improve the chances of it sticking.

Henry H

* August 04, 2015, 09:21:37 AM
thanks!  I will add that in.

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 

* August 05, 2015, 04:41:28 AM
Well, Did It Again!  Every dogone one is gone when I opened it the morning!  Image manager is even empty!  Just blank boxes where all my pics where placed.  Any ideas, on how to make them stay put?  Thanks

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 

* August 05, 2015, 08:00:02 AM
Well, Did It Again!  Every dogone one is gone when I opened it the morning!  Image manager is even empty!  Just blank boxes where all my pics where placed.  Any ideas, on how to make them stay put?  Thanks

Normally it's sufficient to select each file in the Image Manager, click "Embed" and then "Apply," but it might help to burn incense.

Henry H

* August 05, 2015, 08:36:00 AM
HA!  I'll try the incense!  I'm trying embedding them as bmp files instead of jpg.  Maybe that will take?  I just had Geeksquad go through my computer, they said it did have some corrupted files in it.  Maybe that was the issue?

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 

* August 05, 2015, 11:38:25 AM
HA!  I'll try the incense!  I'm trying embedding them as bmp files instead of jpg.  Maybe that will take?  I just had Geeksquad go through my computer, they said it did have some corrupted files in it.  Maybe that was the issue?

Couldn't say.

If the Geeksquad therapy didn't work, I wonder if it could be a memory issue, particularly if you're running the 32-Bit version of TCad.

Henry H

* August 07, 2015, 08:43:42 AM
No, I have the 64 bit version,  and my computer is fairly good.  I think.  2.6g hybrid hardrive, 16g ram, 905g in c drive, 25g in d drive.  I think c and d are the hybrid hard drive?  I don't know much about computers, but this is what I was sold, telling them what I would be using it for.  If I should have something else, please tell me. 

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 

* August 07, 2015, 02:29:20 PM
No, I have the 64 bit version,  and my computer is fairly good.  I think.  2.6g hybrid hardrive, 16g ram, 905g in c drive, 25g in d drive.  I think c and d are the hybrid hard drive?  I don't know much about computers, but this is what I was sold, telling them what I would be using it for.  If I should have something else, please tell me.

I don't know much about computers either, but your system makes mine look Stone Age.

Henry H
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 07:59:58 AM by Henry Hubich »

* August 08, 2015, 03:57:43 AM
I'm still having troubles.  I converted them back to JPG's and down sized the pics.  Embedded, then hit apply,  one by one.   Finished putting all the pics into my drawing.  Woke up this morning, GONE!  not even in image manager anymore!  Why would it do this on jpg, and not on bmp images? 

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 

* August 08, 2015, 10:22:14 AM
Hmmm?

Do you have any "*.tmp" or "*.DWL" files in the folder containing the drawing? I've seen in the past where a DWL that has been left behind after a crash, will force the program to save to a TMP file. The DWL is created when you open the drawing. It prevents other users on a network from making permanent changes to the file while you are using it (first come, first serve). It goes away when the TCW file is closed. When you open the file through "File / Open", is the "Open as read only" box checked?

If I find any DWL files and the drawings they go to are not currently open, I will delete them.
If any TMP files, they may contain your images.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* August 10, 2015, 07:18:27 AM
I notice it creates a tmp file while saving, then it goes away.  It does have a dwl file open while I'm drawing, but not after closing.  It's weird, it saves changes sometimes, then dumps all the pics without notice?  I have restarted my computer, and the changes will be saved, then I will open the file later down the road, and all pics are lost.  It's a head scratcher, definitely annoying!  Wonder if windows 10 has something to do with it?  But, it was doing it before I upgraded also.

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 

* August 10, 2015, 07:22:31 AM
my file is only 8763k?  That's not very big, I don't think?  It takes a while to save also?  Says "not responding" for a while, then saves.

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 

* August 10, 2015, 08:15:48 AM
New problem.  Pics are visible in model space, but not in paper space for printing?  Is there some option, that needs to be done?

TuboCad Deluxe 2017. 

* August 10, 2015, 08:22:18 AM
re: New problem…
Is the layer(s) that the pictures are on, turned ON in the Viewport?

As for the disappearing pix, all I suggest at this point is Support.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* August 10, 2015, 11:18:13 AM
New problem.  Pics are visible in model space, but not in paper space for printing?  Is there some option, that needs to be done?

You can print from model space.

Henry H

August 12, 2015, 06:19:03 PM
Maybe try the "Delete the contents of the Built-in Folder, and let TurboCAD re-build it on the next start-up" thing.

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* August 12, 2015, 08:51:49 PM
Maybe try the "Delete the contents of the Built-in Folder, and let TurboCAD re-build it on the next start-up" thing.

Hi Alvin, just curious, has your new job been keeping you real busy?

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

August 13, 2015, 04:14:30 AM
Hi Alvin, just curious, has your new job been keeping you real busy?

Hi Don. Yes, very busy. But, to my disappointment and frustration, requiring almost no use of my intellect or other "non-blue-collar" skills & abilities.

I've already decided to leave;  just have to figure out what's next. -- have a firm grasp on the monkey-bar in front of me, before letting go of the one behind.

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)