TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Geo location shadows
Read 1117 times
August 08, 2015, 09:15:06 PM
Can't seem to get any shadows using Geo Location shadows. Have set the Latitude and Longitude and ticked the "Use Sun" box. Tried in quality rendered view, still no shadows. I know I can use lights for shadows but would like to be able to use Geo Location and sun. Not sure about azimuth and angle custom settings but using System Time & Geo Location doesn't seem to work. Hopefully something isn't set right.

Having one of those days. Try for ages to get it to work, get to point of posting, go back for another play, and viola, I have some success.

Got my shadows. I switched to Native Draw and Quality render shows shadows. Also set sun Azimuth and angle to 45 deg which gave better shadow to see.

Wrong again. Thought I'd switched to Native Draw but because didn't let TC restart itself it didn't actually switch. Still in Redsdk. Can get shadows in some drawings (quality render) but not others. More fiddling required. Any help appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 10:02:33 PM by SteveS »

TCPro2015 / TCPro18  / Windows 10 / Intel Core i7 5500 NVIDEA GeForce 930M

* August 09, 2015, 11:06:13 AM
Steve,
I get identical results between the "Custom" and "User specified" positions. I use NOAA solar position calculator.
Can you post a simple file, it would be a heck of a lot easier to help :P

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > 2019-2018-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21,20,19 and 18.Using LightWorks, Anilab lab 5.  HP all in one  23" Touch smart screen with Nvidia Geforce 210, open gl 3.3. Intel Core i5 ,2.27GHz,4 GB ram.

August 10, 2015, 10:44:01 PM
Steve,
I get identical results between the "Custom" and "User specified" positions. I use NOAA solar position calculator.
Can you post a simple file, it would be a heck of a lot easier to help :P

Thanks Dean, but worked it out. Just had to fiddle with Sun Position settings a bit more.
Cheers
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 10:47:39 PM by SteveS »

TCPro2015 / TCPro18  / Windows 10 / Intel Core i7 5500 NVIDEA GeForce 930M