TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

New install of v19.1 -- cannot change ANY colors
Read 4103 times
September 20, 2012, 10:18:47 AM
Hi guys!

I just installed TC v19.1 on a dfferent PC.  The new PC is working fine.  My TC v19 files load ok, and so did my v19 config files.  I can draw, view, and edit.  What I cannot do at all on the newly installed copt of TC is change colors anywhere.  Not in existing files, new files -- not even in the menus.  Please assist.  Win7, 64 bit -- yes I installed the 64-bit version of TC.

I just noticed that I installed v19.0 -- not v19.1.  The Help is NOT offering an update.  Please assist.

I tried reinstalling TC v19 -- no change -- still cannot change colors.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 11:14:57 AM by T. Karlmann »

September 20, 2012, 02:26:45 PM
Can you describe the action. For example, when you highlight an object and select a color, what happens?

Is everything only black? Does the color palette display all colors?

v19.2 Deluxe

September 20, 2012, 04:37:10 PM
When I highlight a new color in any of the properties windows it never changes the color there.  All the colors are as they were in my original file -- generated on another pc.

I cannot change colors ANYWHERE -- not even in the menus or preferences.  The color seems welded to its original color.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 04:44:25 PM by T. Karlmann »

September 20, 2012, 05:00:00 PM
Hi guys!

I just installed TC v19.1 on a dfferent PC.  The new PC is working fine.  My TC v19 files load ok, and so did my v19 config files.  I can draw, view, and edit.  What I cannot do at all on the newly installed copt of TC is change colors anywhere.  Not in existing files, new files -- not even in the menus.  Please assist.  Win7, 64 bit -- yes I installed the 64-bit version of TC.

I just noticed that I installed v19.0 -- not v19.1.  The Help is NOT offering an update.  Please assist.

I tried reinstalling TC v19 -- no change -- still cannot change colors.

Many issues have been- and are being- reported on the first few releases and patches of version 19.  I would suggest you Uninstall your current installation, and Download- and do a Clean Install of- the latest version 19 build (build 43.2; 19.1.432) (available here: http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,8998.msg52286.html#msg52286)

I also would suggest you do a clean install.  Read here:  http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,9898.msg58469.html#msg58469

And back up your configuration files first.  Read here:  http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,9897.msg58485.html#msg58485

----
IMSI/TurboCAD developers are still working on getting all the bugs and issues repaired, even after this most recent build (build 43.2).  It will probably be a while before an almost completely repaired version will be released... resulting in a version 19.2, likely.

Until then, I would suggest that you Uninstall your current installation of version 19, and do a clean Install of the latest build.  Also, keep in mind, Users are reporting many more issues with the 64-bit version as compared to the 32-bit version.  Yes, you can install the 32-bit version on a 64-bit system and it will function properly (well... as "properly" as the most recent re-build will allow).

FWIW-  Alvin

Alvin Gregorio
Intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 (ver6.5).  No formal CAD Training.
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

September 20, 2012, 05:33:20 PM
When I highlight a new color in any of the properties windows it never changes the color there.  All the colors are as they were in my original file -- generated on another pc.

I cannot change colors ANYWHERE -- not even in the menus or preferences.  The color seems welded to its original color.

A silly question, but are you selecting something first before trying to apply a color?

September 21, 2012, 01:23:54 AM
Yes, I am selecting the object first.

September 21, 2012, 01:32:35 AM
Allow me to elaborate on my installation woes.  I opted for the download version.  This optiuon has cost me a lot of time. 

To get my first install working, it took about 6 emails to IMSI tech support to get one system up & running.  I had jumped through so many hoops that I do not recall exactly what solved tthe issue and allowed me to get my 1st system up.

The nature of the DL difficulty is that my computer wants to consider TC v19 as an undesirable program and wants to delete it.  (After ~15 minutes of DL time).  After trying this many times, I got a successful DL.  I saved the files and created a DVD with the executables.  This is what I used to install TC on the new PC where the colors won't change.  This PC works fine.

As for the "Problem PC" I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the program with the same results.  The two PCs have identical hardware and speeds.

Gosh I just wish I had a CD to install from!!!!

Just FYI here.  My colors are still stuck.  TC will not change them in the menu -- only on this PC.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 04:16:08 PM by T. Karlmann »

September 21, 2012, 04:19:24 PM
I have taken the abberant PC and replaced it with another (third PC) -- everything works.  This PC is far slower, but at least I can work with it.  The non-color-change PC has been removed from service.  I have no idea why it does not work properly. 

Perhaps as one of you helpful guys suggested, I will/should try the "Clean Install" approach.

Thanks.

September 27, 2012, 01:18:55 AM
I tried re-installing TC-19 yet again -- with the exact same results -- no color changes are possible.  This issuse is specific to this PC, and is numbingly repeatable.

Thoughts (again) anyone?

September 27, 2012, 06:10:37 PM
Stupid question but are you making these color changes on the prefer layer zero? This sounds like a layer priority is setting amiss

Good ideas are not adopted automatically. They must be driven into practice with courageous impatience. Once implemented they can be easily overturned or subverted through apathy or lack of follow-up, so a continuous effort is required. Admiral Hyman G. Rickover

September 29, 2012, 09:37:18 PM
I cannot change any colors anywhere -- even in the Design Director.

NEW:  I just tried uninstalling (again), this time installing the 32-bit version.  Updated to letes version of Pro.  Still cannot change any color anywhere.

Frustrated, but aware that this is happening on only one PC.  This PC is, however Really Fast.  SSD, six cores, etc.

What I know: 
  • One PC only.  This same PC works fine for everything else -- colors all over the place.
  • I am not able to fully un-install the program because it does not ask me for activation info.
  • I also tried to use the Windows disks to do a "repair" just to see if my machine was awry.  Turns out I need some drivers I don't have in order to do this.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2012, 09:45:31 PM by T. Karlmann »

October 25, 2012, 10:14:58 AM
Hi guys!

Just thought I would pass along -- I sucessfully installed TC-v19 on the PC that was having problems where colors would not change.  That PC needed a deeper cleanup of an old install that just was not working.  It works fine now.  Thanks to everyone for their assistance!  Much appreciated.