TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

How To Completely Uninstall TurbCAD v.19 (Including Registry Remnants)
Read 7674 times
September 13, 2012, 08:23:53 AM
Hello Everyone,

How do we completely uninstall TurboCAD ver. 19?  I want to wipe out all folders, files, dangling tid-bits, registry, etc.

I'm not mad at it :-), just like to keep things clean for a future, possible, install (after all the bugs are worked out).

----
Also, I don't want to accidentally delete anything associated with my version 11.2 that is installed.

Thanks in advance for any help.  -Alvin

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* September 13, 2012, 08:29:29 AM
For the x64 version... IObit uninstaller would be your best bet... IMO. Not sure how good it cleans the registry with x64 software... but does a good job with x86 programs.

If x86... Revo or IObit should work equally well... both have pros and cons.

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64

September 13, 2012, 01:05:45 PM
Thanks Greg and wd.

(wd, I received the text and link of your post via email notification.  For some reason, that Post either did not show up here or was deleted.  But thanks, I read the link.)

I don't know how important it is to clean the registry of all things TurboCAD version 19, so I'll just get rid of everything else.

-Alvin

Alvin Gregorio
(mostly Residential Architectural 2D; no formal CAD Training; intermittent TurboCAD user since yr. 2000 [ver6.5])
---TurboCAD: V21PP; V20.2PP; V19DL; V11.2Pro; Windows-7-Pro/64-bit; Intel-Core-i3 CPU; 2.27ghz; 4GB RAM; Intel HD Graphics (CPU based)

* September 13, 2012, 02:16:24 PM
Your welcome  Al

I'm glad you benefit from it.After I reread my entry.I thought to myself you wanted to clean out 19's remnants and not  possibly do a reinstall of it.I'm guessing doing this you want to get rid of the trial version remnants.I kind a jump the gun on that one..Even though a conventional uninstall is done there are some traces left behind just not visible from left over folders there will be traces in the registry.
I yet to find it a 100% clean out in some free softwares. In one Rip's post years ago mention this software at the following link for registry clean out was helpful for me,But you have watch and read carefully what one doing just can't let the software go on autopilot and delete what ever it finds or it will become regrettable.

Have tried  the Iobit software as Greg mention? I wondering did it do the job?

http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 02:38:15 PM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

September 13, 2012, 02:30:12 PM
Your welcome  Al

I'm glad you benefit from it.After I reread my entry.I thought to myself you wanted to clean out 19's remnants and not  possibly do a reinstall of it.I'm guessing doing this you want to get rid of the trial version remnants.I kind a jump the gun on that one..Even though a conventional uninstall is done there are some traces left behind just not visible from left over folders there will be traces in the registry.
I yet to find it a 100% clean out in some free softwares. In one Rip's post years ago mention this software at the following link for registry clean out was helpful for me,But you have watch and read carefully what one doing just can't let the software go on pilot and delete what ever it finds or it will become regrettable.

re: Have tried  the Iobit software as Greg mention?

wd- I went to download the IObit software, via the first site Google led me to- Freenew.net- but my TrendMicro Internet Security red-flagged it with a big ol' warning.  So I didn't download it; I misconstrued that warning to think that IObit was the suspected malicious software, but now I think it was just that Freenew.net site.

I'm one of those people that doesn't know enough about computers to go messing around with the Registry too much, so I am hesitant.  Having said that, if I do purchase the (finally fixed) version 19, I will clean my registry of any TurboCAD version 19 remnants before doing an install; I'll just be attentive and careful.  Version 19 seems to have enough problems of it's own; don't need to be doing an "un-clean" install.

-Alvin

Alvin Gregorio

* September 13, 2012, 02:36:51 PM
Maybe try directly from its site.I wish Live One Care was still available I found significant performance improvement with it.

http://www.iobit.com/advanceduninstaller.html

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/security-essentials/onecare

P.S.

You did right thing when your antivirus red flag it was more likey some form of malware
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 02:41:10 PM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

September 13, 2012, 02:40:10 PM
Maybe try directly from its site.I wish Live One Care was still available I found significant performance improvement with it.

http://www.iobit.com/advanceduninstaller.html

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/security-essentials/onecare

Okay.  Thanks wd, I will.  I'll wait until the a.m., after I just had my coffee and am bright and fully cognizant.  -Alvin

Alvin Gregorio

* September 13, 2012, 02:47:25 PM
Your welcome  Al

I yet to find it a 100% clean out in some free softwares. In one Rip's post years ago mention this software at the following link for registry clean out was helpful for me,But you have watch and read carefully what one doing just can't let the software go on pilot and delete what ever it finds or it will become regrettable.

re: Have tried  the Iobit software as Greg mention?

wd- I went to download the IObit software, via the first site Google led me to- Freenew.net- but my TrendMicro Internet Security red-flagged it with a big ol' warning.  So I didn't download it; I misconstrued that warning to think that IObit was the suspected malicious software, but now I think it was just that Freenew.net site.

I'm one of those people that doesn't know enough about computers to go messing around with the Registry too much, so I am hesitant.  Having said that, if I do purchase the (finally fixed) version 19, I will clean my registry of any TurboCAD version 19 remnants before doing an install; I'll just be attentive and careful.  Version 19 seems to have enough problems of it's own; don't need to be doing an "un-clean" install.

-Alvin

You can download it here.

http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/system/fwuninstallers.html

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64

September 13, 2012, 02:50:40 PM

Alvin Gregorio

* September 13, 2012, 04:03:37 PM
re: …I want to wipe out all folders, files, dangling tid-bits, registry, etc.

I know next to nothing about the Registry, but TurboCAD is loaded to 3 different locations in Vista.
  • "C:\Program Files\IMSIDesign\TCWP19" — 64-bit or "C:\Program Files (x86)\IMSIDesign\TCWP19" — 32-bit.
  • C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\IMSIDesign\TurboCAD\19\Professional
  • C:\Users\your user name\Documents\TurboCAD Professional 19
  ⑴ This is the Program. When uninstalled it may leave such things as your custom Templates or palettes for add-ons (Animation Lab, etc) behind.
  ⑵ This is where the INI file, LightWorks and RedSDK files reside. This is usually left behind. If you haven't created any custom Materials, etc., this could be deleted, but it doesn't hurt to leave it.
  ⑶ This is where your drawings, backups, Workspaces (Config folder), etc. are located. Normally, you want to keep all of this.

I think this covers most of it. 

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

September 13, 2012, 04:30:22 PM
re: …I want to wipe out all folders, files, dangling tid-bits, registry, etc.

I know next to nothing about the Registry, but TurboCAD is loaded to 3 different locations in Vista.
  • "C:\Program Files\IMSIDesign\TCWP19" — 64-bit or "C:\Program Files (x86)\IMSIDesign\TCWP19" — 32-bit.
  • C:\Users\your user name\AppData\Roaming\IMSIDesign\TurboCAD\19\Professional
  • C:\Users\your user name\Documents\TurboCAD Professional 19
  ⑴ This is the Program. When uninstalled it may leave such things as your custom Templates or palettes for add-ons (Animation Lab, etc) behind.
  ⑵ This is where the INI file, LightWorks and RedSDK files reside. This is usually left behind. If you haven't created any custom Materials, etc., this could be deleted, but it doesn't hurt to leave it.
  ⑶ This is where your drawings, backups, Workspaces (Config folder), etc. are located. Normally, you want to keep all of this.

I think this covers most of it. 

Thanks John.  I first used Windows Control Panel|Uninstall TurboCAD ver.19 to uninstall the program- like normal.

Then I deleted all the folders you noted.  I don't need them; in the one-month trial-period, I didn't create any files; settings; or customizations that would be saved in the .ini file that I wanted to save.  At this time, I do not at all foresee my purchasing version 19- just no cost/benefit for me over my version 11.2.

----
Unfortunately, I uninstalled TurboCAD 19 via Control Panel prior to downloading and running the more thorough uninstall utilities that Greg recommended.  So, when I used the utilities, TurboCAD 19 did not appear as an installed program that it could uninstall thoroughly (including registry entries).  Oh well, I guess.  I'm almost sure it won't be an issue if- in the off-chance- I ever purchase version 19.

Thanks John.  -Alvin

Alvin Gregorio

* September 14, 2012, 11:01:08 AM
Alvin,

I uninstalled TurboCAD 19 via Control Panel prior

Maybe you can reinstall TCv19 and then use IOBIT?  There is also an option for Force Uninstall.  IOBIT worked for me when I couldn't install or reinstall.

John B.

John B.
TCv2019 Platinum
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
1 GB Hard Drive 16 GB RAM
AMD Radeon RX 580 Series

September 14, 2012, 11:04:08 AM
Alvin,

I uninstalled TurboCAD 19 via Control Panel prior

Maybe you can reinstall TCv19 and then use IOBIT?  There is also an option for Force Uninstall.  IOBIT worked for me when I couldn't install or reinstall.

John B.

Okay.  Thanks John.   -Alvin

Alvin Gregorio