TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Animated assembly
Read 2753 times
* July 31, 2012, 10:27:35 AM
I was wondering if anyone had made an animation of a piece being assembled. Like all the pieces defined and shown and then moving into their correct places and the fastenings, etc. being installed.

If so I'd like a link to one to see what is possible before I buy.

Thanx
Ed

Rel 20 Pro Platinum

July 31, 2012, 03:26:47 PM
I was wondering if anyone had made an animation of a piece being assembled. Like all the pieces defined and shown and then moving into their correct places and the fastenings, etc. being installed.

If so I'd like a link to one to see what is possible before I buy.

Thanx
Ed

Hi Ed,

the attached file should, I hope, give you some idea of what is possible.

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2016/2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2018/2019 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab 5.2.

* August 01, 2012, 05:54:24 AM
Thanks Tim.

That is a sneaky approach. Is it possible to make a clip to just show the end part, ie the assembly.

You don't have to do it, just let me know if it is possible.

By the way- I did some animation in Cinema4D and never thought of doing it in reverse - that would have been soooo much easier.

Thanks again,
Ed

Rel 20 Pro Platinum

August 01, 2012, 09:37:43 AM
Is it possible to make a clip to just show the end part, ie the assembly.

Yes!

The example was not mine, but originated from the developers.

Take a look here:  http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,664.0.html

You can animate from whatever part of the sequence you require, and, you can post edit it, add/subtract clips in Montage Center, which is included with Animation Lab.

Animation Lab is a powerful programme, for simple animated gifs to very long complex productions.  It has some quirks, but, all-in-all, it works well.  I got a few more grey hairs using it, but would still recommend this programme if you are serious, or not so serious, in this area.

I hope this helps your decision.

Regards Tim

« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 10:51:57 AM by Tim Stewart »

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2016/2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2018/2019 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab 5.2.

* August 01, 2012, 11:44:06 AM
"I was wondering if anyone had made an animation of a piece being assembled."

Are you looking for something like this? Animation lab works great for demonstrating a design in motion.

"What do I know, I'm still learning"..
Windows 7 64 bit HP > on a stock HP laptop with 4gb-2.4 GHz.Turbocad 2019-2018-2017, TurboCad Platinum 21.Using LightWorks, Anilab lab 5. ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100 and HP all in one desktop with Nvidia Geforce 210, open gl 3.3

September 24, 2012, 10:30:35 AM
To explode an object, make the entire assembly a group and make this an actor. Make each individual part an actor. Increase the group's size and simultaneously reduce the size of each individual part by the same amount. To assemble reverse the animation.

mike
TC user since v3. MacMini 5.1. 2.3 GHz. 16 Gig RAM.
TC 19 Pro 64 bit. Windows 7.