TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Assemble v12.5
Read 1836 times
* September 12, 2009, 10:27:36 PM
Whenever I use Assemble I must double check to see if it has moved on the other axii.  I.E.:  If I assemble on the Z axis, I usually must change the item I have moved on either the X axis or the Y axis in order to get it back to where it was.  Is there any button I can push so that when I move something it will remain relative to the other two axis?  I change views in order to detect the move and make sure.

John B.

John B.
TCv2019 Platinum
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
1 GB Hard Drive 16 GB RAM
AMD Radeon RX 580 Series

* September 13, 2009, 12:25:35 AM
If I understand what you're describing, John, it's not really assembly but simply a linear transform relative to something else, because you don't want the axial relationship changed.   The assembly and generic transformation tools simplify transformations where relationships are more involved, but for your purposes, you'd be best off using ctrl + d to fix the selector point to a feature that is to be snapped to a receiving feature.  Using that method, there'll be no angular displacement.

* September 13, 2009, 11:07:59 AM
I'll try Ctrl+d.  I sometimes assemble an object near where I want it and then copy the
z-axis value then Undo Modify and then select my object and paste the z position and hit enter.  It works that way.

Thanks,

John B.

John B.
TCv2019 Platinum
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
1 GB Hard Drive 16 GB RAM
AMD Radeon RX 580 Series