TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Scaling jpegs
Read 2088 times
* September 09, 2009, 04:55:47 AM
I need to set an imported jpeg to scale (1:1).  I have a line on the jpeg of known length.  How do I do this?  Edit/Transform/Scale seems the obvious way but I can't work it out.   In AutoCAD I would do it using "Align" where I can take 2 (or 3) points on the jpeg and relate these to 2 (or 3) points in the drawing thereby setting the jpeg to the drawing scale but "Align" does not seem to work in the same way with TurboCAD.

* September 09, 2009, 04:57:29 AM
Please note, I am using TurboCAD Professional 16

* September 09, 2009, 06:15:19 AM
Trace (draw a line) over the known-length line on the picture, then divide the known length by the length of the line you've drawn.  You can find that in the selection info palette when you've selected the line.   Then select the picture and tab into and through the inspector bar x and y scale boxes, entering the scale factor you worked out, then hit enter.  Selecting picture and line and scaling them together will verify your working, as the line should now be the known length.  The selector point hub is the station point, use ctrl + d to position it at one of the ends (v snap) of the line while both picture and line are selected.     
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 07:58:18 PM by murray dickinson »

* September 10, 2009, 02:22:15 AM
A convenient way of doing this is to draw a line on the known-length line as Murray suggested. Then use the parallel dimension tool to accurately measure the line you've just drawn. Select the entire picture and line, tab to the Scale X box and hit PF2 to bring up the calculator pallet

Now, suppose that the known length is K and the actual length from the dimension tool is A, type K/A in the calculator pallet and press Enter. The required scale is now in the Scale X box; tab to the Scale Y box, hit PF2 and Enter (there is no need to redo the calculation - it will be remembered). Now press Enter and the picture and line will be rescaled. If you have associated dimensioning switched on, the line will now show the required length.

Gary Wooding
Win10 64-bit,
TC21.2 x64 Plat, Bld59
TC16.2 Plat, Bld54.0
TCC 3.5