TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

Exporting files
Read 3340 times
* September 08, 2009, 12:47:41 PM
As one of my lost(not last, but lost :-\) posts mentioned last week, 11.2 Pro doesn't export to a .PDF correctly, when you open it...nothing is there.  Also I find that a AutoCAD 2000 Lite user is unable to view my drawing exported to DWG and DXF files.  Apparently AC 2000 Lite can only open those two types, so I am stuck again.  Is this a corrected issue in TC16 Pro?

TC ver16.2 Platinum, About says "Full Edition"

September 08, 2009, 01:31:11 PM
What are you using to export to PDF?  PDF export has greatly improved in V16.

When you save as a DWG/DXF v11 defaults to save in I believe the AutoCAD 2004 format, to change this hit the setup button in the save as dialog. 

Rip Fowler
IMSIDesign LLC

* September 08, 2009, 02:35:56 PM
What are you using to export to PDF?  PDF export has greatly improved in V16.

When you save as a DWG/DXF v11 defaults to save in I believe the AutoCAD 2004 format, to change this hit the setup button in the save as dialog. 

Hello Rip,

Am not understanding what you mean here. I have a drawing, created in 11.2 Pro, and I Save As type .PDF.  But after doing so, using Adobe's PDF reader to open it, nothing is there, just the construction lines.

Back to DXF/DWG...the Setup button also reveals 4 checkboxes, do I need to check any of these for the 2000 AC Lite user?  My drawing does contain some textual dimension info on it.

THX

* September 08, 2009, 02:42:03 PM
Its been while but I recall there is a update or patch for a DWG.& DXF in Ver. 11.2 Its sounds like your missing one of these .Check out the the forum home page under Updates and Patches Ver. 11 and double check if you have yours loaded.For the pdf.issues there is proper setup procedures that Rip has on his blog at one point in time. Don't know if still there.You might want to look over it.Most end users at that point in time utilizing that version prefer to use a free pdf writer or pdf995.The best thing is research for free pdf writer that's your comfortable for your needs.Referring the old forum I read a lot of complaints about Ver.11 pdf but I was always able to make it work for me.It will work with the right set up steps are taken.When mention that your getting blank page that because the object is not in the middle of the screen in model space.While your in paper space click up the top to model space and do zoom extend that will bring the objects in true position and then do the pdf print and maintain  your sheets sets for the right size to accommodate your project.Try AC dwg viewer to see how it appears after you save it.If looks out of sorts good step would be send the file to Dave and see he could pull it together.He has keen eye for these things.

W.D.

Updates Link

Pdf Down the bottom of the page

EDIT: Another thing come to mind is it was always discussed in the old forum is that it would be good practice to save with 2000 out put than 2004.You may want try this first and see if will work.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 03:35:57 PM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

September 08, 2009, 03:34:56 PM
Am not understanding what you mean here. I have a drawing, created in 11.2 Pro, and I Save As type .PDF.  But after doing so, using Adobe's PDF reader to open it, nothing is there, just the construction lines.

I was wondering if you where saving as a PDF in TC or using a PDF print driver.  I believe v11 was the first version to have the save as PDF option, you may want to use a PDF print driver instead.

Rip Fowler
IMSIDesign LLC

* September 08, 2009, 11:13:31 PM
Rip,

My version is 11.2 build 27.1
How do I tell if the Hotfix that WD mentioned is already incorporated into the 11.2 Patch?  I went to the Download section and there is no description on the Ver 11 HotFix.

THX

WD,
Right now, after saving my drawing to PDF, and following your instructions to center the object, yields only two PDF pages when I open with Adobe reader.  The first page is blank, the second page contains the lower left corner of the object.   80% of the object is not in the document.

* September 09, 2009, 02:46:32 AM
" The first page is blank, the second page contains the lower left corner of the object. 80% of the object is not in the document."

The pages in the sheets sizes may not be set accordingly and or scale factor may not be set 1:1 located in properties dialog and name view port selection should have identification  set .There some confliction in your setting some where, also check if your printer properties set in adobe all the these things have to be factor in to make it work,along with TC printing properties.Another thing to keep in mind is have your desire layers activated so they go along with the printing procedures.They can be turn off and on once there in adobe reader.TC pdf at one point in time was in its early stage of growth or development. This is why other end users choose to use a other pdf writers. If you can't pull it off try this free download able link below.I used this also it worked nicely.

<A HREF="http://www.primopdf.com/ ">pdf creator[/url]

EDIT: There is a brief description of update and patches on TC support Link. Click on the Update Link above posting. Hopefully you save the installer file save some where on your machine this way you can hover your mouse over it to see what update or patch is installed on your machine .

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 04:37:41 AM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* September 09, 2009, 03:35:32 AM
re: The first page is blank, the second page contains the lower left corner of the object.

Version 11 will generate a page for Modelspace and a page for each Paperspace. In Paperspace it uses the orientation of "Drawing Sheet Size" and ignores the Printer Paper settings (File / Page Setup). To use the "Save As PDF" in V11, you should work with Viewports in a Paperspace. From what I see, the first page is Paperspace (whatever size and orientation spec'd) and the second is a Modelspace (always 8½×11 landscape), near the X0Y0 coordinates.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit