TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Layer Order Set
Read 1521 times
* August 14, 2009, 07:27:27 AM
How can I set the layer order that I want it to be and not as it was originaly created to be set when I start up ?
I do number the order fro 0 - 100 but sometimes it is not as saved.
Especially if there was a crash - total mess.

Any method or setting, I do have the Program Setup, General ticked on at "Last Window Lay-out"

Any way other than that.

TX

* August 14, 2009, 01:23:40 PM
re: How can I set the layer order that I want it to be, not as it was originally created ... when I start up?

The only place you can change the Layer order is in the Design Director. Those changes will not be reflected anywhere else; i.e. Properties dialog, Property toolbar, etc. You can select one layer or a selection of layers in the DD, then drag-n-drop them elsewhere in the list.

If there's a crash, the changes may be in a Autosave file (~tc0.asv, etc.) or the regular file (if you did a physical Save before problems started to happen). The ASV files in the Autosave folder can be opened through "File / Open" with the "All Files" setting.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1803), 64-bit