TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When replying to a specific statement be sure to quote the previous post.

Angular Tool
Read 1510 times
* September 16, 2011, 12:00:09 PM
I have made a shed in 3d mostly on the world workplane. To dimension the gable end I turned the workplane to the vertical position and made all my linear dimension just fine. When I turned to the Angular tool and tried to make a angular measurement it puts it on the world plane (where it would be if turned on) and not the vertical one with the rest of my measurements. What am I doing wrong?
Vern

* September 16, 2011, 02:38:29 PM
I have made a shed in 3d mostly on the world workplane. To dimension the gable end I turned the workplane to the vertical position and made all my linear dimension just fine. When I turned to the Angular tool and tried to make a angular measurement it puts it on the world plane (where it would be if turned on) and not the vertical one with the rest of my measurements. What am I doing wrong?
Vern

Maybe nothing. Please post the drawing so someone can check it out.

Henry H

* September 16, 2011, 05:30:53 PM
Hi Henry
Thanks for the reply. I think I have solved the problem. The rafter I was trying to take the angle off of was part of a group. After I exploded it I was able to dimension the angle on the vertical work plane where I wanted it.
Vern

* September 16, 2011, 06:22:02 PM
Hi Henry
Thanks for the reply. I think I have solved the problem. The rafter I was trying to take the angle off of was part of a group. After I exploded it I was able to dimension the angle on the vertical work plane where I wanted it.
Vern

Glad you figured it out.

Henry H