TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Angular Tool
Read 1349 times
* September 16, 2011, 12:00:09 PM
I have made a shed in 3d mostly on the world workplane. To dimension the gable end I turned the workplane to the vertical position and made all my linear dimension just fine. When I turned to the Angular tool and tried to make a angular measurement it puts it on the world plane (where it would be if turned on) and not the vertical one with the rest of my measurements. What am I doing wrong?
Vern

* September 16, 2011, 02:38:29 PM
I have made a shed in 3d mostly on the world workplane. To dimension the gable end I turned the workplane to the vertical position and made all my linear dimension just fine. When I turned to the Angular tool and tried to make a angular measurement it puts it on the world plane (where it would be if turned on) and not the vertical one with the rest of my measurements. What am I doing wrong?
Vern

Maybe nothing. Please post the drawing so someone can check it out.

Henry H

* September 16, 2011, 05:30:53 PM
Hi Henry
Thanks for the reply. I think I have solved the problem. The rafter I was trying to take the angle off of was part of a group. After I exploded it I was able to dimension the angle on the vertical work plane where I wanted it.
Vern

* September 16, 2011, 06:22:02 PM
Hi Henry
Thanks for the reply. I think I have solved the problem. The rafter I was trying to take the angle off of was part of a group. After I exploded it I was able to dimension the angle on the vertical work plane where I wanted it.
Vern

Glad you figured it out.

Henry H