TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Dot associated with a demension
Read 1503 times
* September 13, 2011, 07:18:17 PM
I have made a plot plan of a piece of property that once was a RV park. I have dimensioned all the lot lines using  the parallel dimensioning tool limited to just the dimension showing. I have numbered all the lot with a circle with the number within it. I took a jpeg file to have a blueprint made and found that ever dimension and ever circle have a big dot associated with it. The dot is at lest a 1/16 of and inch in diameter. Also ever angular dimension has two dot with it. The dot is at 0 degrees on the circle and usually about a half inch to the left of the number. On the computer the dot show but even a max enlargement are just barely visible. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Using TC 14.2.
Vern

* September 14, 2011, 04:27:59 AM
Is the drawing a TCW file or a DWG file? Do you have Points inserted at these problem locations? I've seen my AutoCAD Point objects grow in size when the file was saved as DWG.
How was the JPG created; Save As in TurboCAD or some other way?

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* September 14, 2011, 10:00:45 AM
Hi John
Thanks for the rep;y. It is a TCW file and I made the JPEG under the file menu as a "Save as" file. I do have points at all the lot corners but the dots are definitely not connected to them. In fact I have that layer turned off. If you select a dot ,any one off them, the extents include a dimension and the line it represents and the dot. Each dot for a different dimension. I forgot to add I just have the deluxe version of TC14.2.
Vern

* September 14, 2011, 02:23:01 PM
It would help if you could attach the TCW file here (Additional Options), as I can't think of what would cause your problem.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
RedSDK enabled

* September 15, 2011, 06:02:38 PM
Hi John
 Am sending all of the file. If you eliminate all layers except Plot Plan, dimensions  and lot numbers you will then be able to see the faint dot I'm talking about

* September 16, 2011, 03:50:50 AM
The dots are probably from the Angular dimensions. If you explode one, it's composed of a Text object and 2 zero radius Circles (hidden).
I didn't get any big dots when I saved your drawing as a JPG, just a blurry picture. This was with the Dimensions layer on and off.
When saved as a DWG and opened in TrueView, I got a bunch of extraneous lines; probably where you're seeing big dots.
When I printed a paperspace page to PDF, I can see 1 pixel dots from the Angular dims, but it's also much cleaner than a JPG.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
RedSDK enabled

* September 16, 2011, 06:40:40 PM
The big dots I was talking about showed up on the blueprint that was made from a file saved onto a flash drive. so I never actually saw the JPEG on my computer. When you mentioned exploding I tried that on some dimensions and found I could then select the faint dots and then delete them. When I exploded the angular dims the dots disappeared with the explosion. When I exploded the linear dims I could then select the dots and many of them were two dots to delete one on top of the other. All the extra line you found are lines I attached to each lot boundary line to use a a reference to compute the angle, they were all deleted after I got the angle set, so don't know why they where there now.  Thanks for the help, just hope all the exploding and dot deleting does not cause me more trouble later.
Vern