TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Animation Lab 5 saving frame by frame.
Read 3120 times
* August 01, 2011, 06:34:42 AM
I have only just started using Animation Lab 5, and would like to know if my request is possible. Is it possible to select a model, and have a camera rotate around it in a number of steps, pausing at each vantage point and saving a rendered view to disk before moving on to the next step. With my sculpture prints, I often manually rotate and save a new view to disk, but it is very time consuming. I am prepared to put in the time to learn the software, but would like an insight into the possibilities before I start.

Any assistance appreciated.

August 01, 2011, 11:30:10 AM
Hi,

yes, this is perfectly possible, and, easy to do.

You can simply choose to stop the animation at any particular point, save the image, and restart by either using the Key Frame or script editors.

Alternatively, all the individual images could be saved to disc and the best ones selected as required.

This should be easy to see, by looking at the programme and it's Help files etc.

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2016/2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2018/2019 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab 5.2.

* August 01, 2011, 11:56:21 AM
Hi,

yes, this is perfectly possible, and, easy to do.

You can simply choose to stop the animation at any particular point, save the image, and restart by either using the Key Frame or script editors.

Alternatively, all the individual images could be saved to disc and the best ones selected as required.

This should be easy to see, by looking at the programme and it's Help files etc.

Regards Tim

Thanks for the prompt response Tim,  this could save me an awful lot of time, which could be better spent on other facets of my sculptures. I have started having a little look at some of the scripts in the sample files, but upto now have been saving to disk and then opening with notepad. Can you see the scripts from within the animation studio palette? . Only spent a few days looking at the basics upto now, so will persevere over the coming weeks .

Regards
                Mike Geraghty.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 11:58:22 AM by Michael Geraghty »

August 02, 2011, 01:42:39 PM

Hi Mike,

any TCW files in the "Samples" folder do not have the relevant scenario files included.

Should you run an animation and save the scenario file, this scenario file can be viewed and edited in a text editor.

You can load and run any number of different scenario files, and, providing the actor names remain the same, all will/should be well!

Presets are coded scripts, which if you are keen, can be altered to suit any particular need, or, just used as a coding reference for your own examples.

Any custom scripts, that you place in the script editor, are run first for each frame of animation, and will always be visible in the the script editor if saved in the scenario file.

You might also like to look at the command ExtractFrameFromAvi, which might be useful for your purposes.

Lastly, if your animation is long, time-wise, you could run an animation in wire frame and stop at the required point.  Then render the drawing for one frame, remembering to undo the animation afterwards.

I hope this helps, and, makes sense.

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2016/2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2018/2019 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab 5.2.

* August 02, 2011, 03:25:33 PM
Thanks for the feedback Tim, I had tried some of the presets and opened the scripts in notepad. Eventually some of my prints for each frame will be upto 6000 x 4000 pixels with high res custom acis settings, and thought that it would be good to render a frame, pause and let the system free some of the memory before the next frame was rendered. While looking through the anilab threads here on the forum, I found this useful script that should make a big difference with my scenario of a memory grabbing render.

You have probably tried it, but here is the link to the thread with the script, which reverts to wireframe and frees memory prior to the next frame being rendered.

http://forums.turbocad.com/index.php/topic,3479.0.html

Regards Mike Geraghty