TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Retain current zoom and target, standard views
Read 5509 times
* May 14, 2009, 10:28:59 AM
Not sure if that's a good description, what I'd like is to flick from current view to left or right or diametric or whatever and not have to zoom back to what I was looking at. I'd rather have to hit the middle button if I want zoom extents, than try and find the little object, in the big model, that I want a different view of.
I don't really know 'dirt' from clay when it comes to programming, but I think TC should be able to do this somehow connected with auto targeting.

May 14, 2009, 10:33:00 AM
There is a "Zoom Selection" button.

Hardware: 2.67GHz Core I7-920, 18GB 1333 DDR3, Nvidia Gforce GT 220
Software: TC 2020_19.6_x64
Setup: UI: Classic, Editing History: Off, Use Choice: Off, Native Draw: GDI

* May 14, 2009, 10:53:13 AM
"There is a "Zoom Selection" button."

That's true Winston, but how about changing views when in the middle of drawing a line or something.

I reckon it would be handy if the camera remembered it's target and distance from target, then in hidden line with behind camera clipping on, you could quickly get different views of what you are working on without all the foreground stuff in the way. Even better with a second clipping plane ;D

PS Is that views by UCS tool still around, that's one of yours isn't it?

Adam
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 11:21:21 AM by Adam M »

May 14, 2009, 02:55:17 PM
...PS Is that views by UCS tool still around, that's one of yours isn't it?

Adam
Standard tool.

Hardware: 2.67GHz Core I7-920, 18GB 1333 DDR3, Nvidia Gforce GT 220
Software: TC 2020_19.6_x64
Setup: UI: Classic, Editing History: Off, Use Choice: Off, Native Draw: GDI

* May 14, 2009, 03:18:37 PM
PS Is that views by UCS tool still around, that's one of yours isn't it?

Adam

I believe Henry has a copy or you can hunt down CCeab@telsur.cl that wrote it. I thought I had a copy, but it went out in the trash long ago.

John R.

[attachment deleted by admin]

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2020
Designer, Deluxe, (Basic, Expert, Professional), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1909), 64-bit

* May 14, 2009, 04:11:10 PM
Think I've still got it somewhere, only used it a coupla times, can't remember why didn't use it much..probably because it was slow, random and unreliable, just like the pipe dream I mentioned above would probably be. :-\

Adam

May 14, 2009, 05:14:47 PM
Not sure if that's a good description, what I'd like is to flick from current view to left or right or diametric or whatever and not have to zoom back to what I was looking at. I'd rather have to hit the middle button if I want zoom extents, than try and find the little object, in the big model, that I want a different view of.
I don't really know 'dirt' from clay when it comes to programming, but I think TC should be able to do this somehow connected with auto targeting.

You ought to check out the space explorer. Its only $59, and it lets you move around effortlessly! I have two!  ;D

Mike...

* May 14, 2009, 08:16:13 PM
Think I've still got it somewhere, only used it a coupla times, can't remember why didn't use it much..probably because it was slow, random and unreliable, just like the pipe dream I mentioned above would probably be. :-\

Adam

Not at all, in my experience, which is current.  Only drawback is that its not available in render modes, only wireframe and hidden line.   Setting a named view will do what you want, and you can attach the toolbar to the right click context menus too, of course.  Named views can be selected while a drawing tool is active.  Doesn't work in render modes either, though.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 09:00:53 PM by murray dickinson »