TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Best way to dimension a 3D assembly?
Read 932 times
* July 27, 2011, 10:25:36 AM
Hi everyone,
It's been a month or so but I am finally to the point where I have something to give the machine shop. The housing looks stellar on the monitor and now I want to turn it into something real. Only thing is, I don't have any paperspace layouts with dimensions on it with which to give the shop.

I've been through "Mastering Turbocad Deluxe & Pro", and I've gone through the Turbocad 2D and 3D training guides, but to date, I have not figured out a clear and concise way to create views which are clear enough to dimension! I want some hidden lines to look hidden. My paperspace layouts sometimes are blank. Sometimes they are invisible. Sometimes they are filled with wireframe of all three dimensions. I need to do a section view.  Sometimes I have radii which I cannot select in order to specify it's size. There's so many little things getting in the way, that I am not quite sure where to go with it.  This housing looks cool on the screen. How can I made it look cool in my hand, out of freshly anodized billet aluminum?