TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

TurboCAD Display Concept
Read 2522 times
July 23, 2011, 10:40:05 AM
Last week I create some display renders for one of my clients (all of which I can't post here) and had a blast doing so. The display stands were somewhat like the attached, but for a different product of course. The supplied packaging and sign images, as well as the color schemes, were simply stunning. I was just so pleased with the overall results that I thought I would give it a whirl with TurboCAD as the product. I do find that the TurboCAD box is really quite unimpressive as graphics go so it doesn't help enhance the look. Had it a modern look and a more modern color scheme, I believe the attached render could have looked much better. At any rate, I am still pleased with the final result and hope that you are too.

* July 23, 2011, 10:53:12 AM
Don, that does look great.

Henry H

* July 23, 2011, 11:53:06 AM
Last week I create some display renders for one of my clients (all of which I can't post here) and had a blast doing so. The display stands were somewhat like the attached, but for a different product of course. The supplied packaging and sign images, as well as the color schemes, were simply stunning. I was just so pleased with the overall results that I thought I would give it a whirl with TurboCAD as the product. I do find that the TurboCAD box is really quite unimpressive as graphics go so it doesn't help enhance the look. Had it a modern look and a more modern color scheme, I believe the attached render could have looked much better. At any rate, I am still pleased with the final result and hope that you are too.

Looks good Don.

That's quite a combination, having a blast at what you're doing and getting paid for it.

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

July 23, 2011, 04:51:55 PM
Very nice Don.

BradE [ dean3Design ]
Core i7-3930K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32GB 1333 DDR3, FirePro V5900
TC 21 Platinum (64-Bit) Running on Win7 Pro SP1

July 23, 2011, 08:34:37 PM
Thanks for having a look and for your comments.

July 25, 2011, 02:25:05 PM
Well your model and rendering are slam-dunk convincing in any case.  Definitely the IMSI box design is a little timid.   Your work gives real dependable credibility to the product if not poetry instead!   You have used at least several of the principles I see which I learned a "few" years ago about the arts and design which is to provide a variety of shapes and sizes and especially color contrasts to emphasize stuff- ie: the yellow racer in the context of the blue-silver boxes.  Good move proved out here!   My own TCAD box is actually a very slightly reflective (or "specular" at least )  metallic silver.  Is something like that possible in Lightworks?  would something like that show up an environmental texture or HDRI lighting?  Beautiful work in any case!  I also notice the graduated background which gives depth very subtle where it counts.

Version 20.2, BUILD 51.3, Pro Plat, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, GigabyteMB with AMD 6 core cpu - 3.4ghz, 8 gb ram, 1 gb Nvidia GeForce GTS 450.

July 25, 2011, 09:44:24 PM
Well your model and rendering are slam-dunk convincing in any case.  Definitely the IMSI box design is a little timid.   Your work gives real dependable credibility to the product if not poetry instead!   You have used at least several of the principles I see which I learned a "few" years ago about the arts and design which is to provide a variety of shapes and sizes and especially color contrasts to emphasize stuff- ie: the yellow racer in the context of the blue-silver boxes.  Good move proved out here!   My own TCAD box is actually a very slightly reflective (or "specular" at least )  metallic silver.  Is something like that possible in Lightworks?  would something like that show up an environmental texture or HDRI lighting?  Beautiful work in any case!  I also notice the graduated background which gives depth very subtle where it counts.

Thanks Lloyd,

Just for you, I rendered the box only in TurboCAD with a bit more reflectivity and I tried every hdr image I had until I found the one that worked the best. This is the result. I cleaned up the shadow and sharpened the box a bit in Photoshop.

* July 26, 2011, 06:43:15 AM
Nice work Don, I have always been a big fan of your finished presentation work, and am always amazed at the clarity of the finished text. Do you go for a certain kind of font, or are they designer fonts out of lines and arcs??.

July 26, 2011, 07:49:06 AM
Nice work Don, I have always been a big fan of your finished presentation work, and am always amazed at the clarity of the finished text. Do you go for a certain kind of font, or are they designer fonts out of lines and arcs??.

Thanks Mike. Just regular ttf fonts used, but when I choose fonts I follow two guides. 1. It looks professional and matches the overall design (a bit subjective) 2. It is always legible (I find nothing worse in this regard than not being able to read what someone has typed due to a bizarre font choice). Sometimes one doesn't have a choice as the font is already determined, as with the TurboCAD box - it is a finished design. Also note that I almost always use image wrapping for signage, so the text is placed in another program as part of the sign graphics. It is then saved in image format and wrapped in TurboCAD. Very seldom do I use 3D text, although I did actually use it on the side panel of the display. Since I knew the TurboCAD font was Gill Sans MT, and I have that font available, I just did it this way as it was quick. The upper sign is a wrapped image, the shelf strip signs are wrapped images and of course the TurboCAD box panels are wrapped images.

My TurboCAD Tip #5 talks about text in TurboCAD if you have not seen it. http://www.textualcreations.ca/Don_Cheke%27s_TurboCAD_Tips.html
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 11:33:02 AM by Don Cheke »

* July 26, 2011, 06:54:58 PM
Great work Don.

Brock