TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

2D Add create entity in default CS ??
Read 1195 times
* July 18, 2011, 11:25:08 PM
Just learning boolean add and workplanes and it seems that you cannot "Boolean Add" unless the entities have the same associated workplane....fair enough, the decision of what is the resulting workplane for the new combined entity creates a conflict, however.......  I ensured that both of my entities (simple 2D rectangles in my case) had the same named workplane and then executed the boolean add, which worked.  I "expected" the resulting entity to have the same work plane as the original - it has a workplane of the WCS.  Have I missed something regarding setting a "default" workplane, or is that just the way boolean add works ?

TIA Alan.

V18, V21, V2015 Deluxe 22.2 b 54.3
Win 10 Pro x64

* July 19, 2011, 09:58:51 AM
Just learning boolean add and workplanes and it seems that you cannot "Boolean Add" unless the entities have the same associated workplane....fair enough, the decision of what is the resulting workplane for the new combined entity creates a conflict, however.......  I ensured that both of my entities (simple 2D rectangles in my case) had the same named workplane and then executed the boolean add, which worked.  I "expected" the resulting entity to have the same work plane as the original - it has a workplane of the WCS.  Have I missed something regarding setting a "default" workplane, or is that just the way boolean add works ?

TIA Alan.

2D entities to be Boolean-added must indeed lie on the same Workplane, and the result will also lie on that WP. 3D entities, however, do NOT have to share the same WP. (In fact, they don't even have to contact one another.) When adding 3D objects, the WP of the result is the WP of whichever object was clicked first.

Henry H