TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Advanced rendering / Images
Read 2301 times
June 22, 2011, 03:19:06 PM
I have some JPG images in my TC drawing that show up just fine with every render option, except the one I want.. Advanced rendering.  You can see the outline of the image, but the image itself doesn't show.  Any suggestions?

Thx
TC 17 PRO

* June 22, 2011, 03:23:41 PM
I have some JPG images in my TC drawing that show up just fine with every render option, except the one I want.. Advanced rendering.  You can see the outline of the image, but the image itself doesn't show.  Any suggestions?

Thx
TC 17 PRO

Suggestion: Create a material that you can use to wrap the image onto an actual object, such as a very thin 3D Box.

Henry H

* June 22, 2011, 05:37:16 PM
I have some JPG images in my TC drawing that show up just fine with every render option, except the one I want.. Advanced rendering.  You can see the outline of the image, but the image itself doesn't show.  Any suggestions?Thx TC 17 PRO
Would activating Renderable Objects only in Camera  Properties in the Foregroud Wireframe  category  render your jpeg in Advance?I find assigning another color the image frame will hide the frame.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* June 22, 2011, 08:14:36 PM
I have some JPG images in my TC drawing that show up just fine with every render option, except the one I want.. Advanced rendering.  You can see the outline of the image, but the image itself doesn't show.  Any suggestions?Thx TC 17 PRO
Would activating Renderable Objects only in Camera  Properties in the Foregroud Wireframe  category  render your jpeg in Advance?I find assigning another color the image frame will hide the frame.

That seems not to work with "Advanced Rendering," for some reason.

Henry H

June 22, 2011, 09:05:56 PM
When that happens to me, I highlight the image in wireframe, then look at the project in plan view.
I usually find the image is slightly inside the wall I posted it on. If I choose the wall facet as workspace, I can often drag the image out of the wall. . . Sometimes of course, this sends the image down to the floor or out through the roof. I just tweak it till I get it where I want it.

RMc____
In preparing for battle, planning is essential, but plans are useless . . . Dwight David Eisenhower
v 19.2 Pro Platinum 64 bit
v 14.2 Pro
Turbo Floor Plan Pro v 15
Windows 10 x 64 Home

* June 23, 2011, 07:32:25 PM
I stand corrected: W.D. very patiently contacted me offline and demonstrated that a .jpg image CAN be made visible in an "Advanced" render, exactly as he wrote earlier -- by enabling "Renderable objects" under Foreground Wireframe.

Henry H

June 24, 2011, 04:19:00 PM
It works in Model Space, but now it shows the "lines" of all my 3d objects.. Does that make since? Also, I need it to work in Paperspace, using a view port.

* June 24, 2011, 05:50:32 PM
Than use Henry's recommendation wrap the JPEG around thin box his method does work.I tested at my end,Than other choice is don't use Advance use Quality it been done since earlier versions which will work also.With regards to your question. Does it make sense?Sure.You didn't specify whether MS or PS.in your initial post.

Edit:My prefer method would be to insert the jpeg in paperspace and embed there and still have the Advance mode active without lines appearing

« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 04:28:11 AM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison