TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Updated Files
Read 2033 times
* July 23, 2009, 08:56:52 AM
I had some drawings that I had drawn in TC11.2 that I have now opened in TC16 and updated and re saved in 16. Now I am wanting to add materials to these drawings but every time I add a material and go to quality render the program crashes or if I add a 3D object that has a material already applied to one that does not the new object does not take on the properties of the first. Are there program differences that will not allow me to accomplish this or do I have a setting incorrect.
 I have attached one of many of these files.
   Myron TC16Pro

[attachment deleted by admin]

* July 23, 2009, 06:14:13 PM
I had some drawings that I had drawn in TC11.2 that I have now opened in TC16 and updated and re saved in 16. Now I am wanting to add materials to these drawings but every time I add a material and go to quality render the program crashes or if I add a 3D object that has a material already applied to one that does not the new object does not take on the properties of the first. Are there program differences that will not allow me to accomplish this or do I have a setting incorrect.
 I have attached one of many of these files.
   Myron TC16Pro

I had no problem adding materials to objects in your drawing and then rendering. Don't know why it causes trouble on your system. (I assume you're familiar with the Wall Sides parameters in the Wall Properties dialog ...?)

To use the "Seeding" technique to confer material by adding one object to another, you must first disable "Create Editing History" in Options|ACIS. Seeding works OK in your drawing after turning that off.

Henry H

* July 23, 2009, 07:47:58 PM
Thanks Henry I knew it had to be me with this many files affected.
  Myron