TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Animated AVI material?
Read 4091 times
April 03, 2011, 07:57:55 AM
I would like to use TurboCAD and AL to make an animation where a living fire should look realistic.
Has anyone tried this (or similar) before?

But before I spend too much time with 'trial and error', I wonder if any of you know if an animated video/movie (AVI or ?) can be used to make a 'moving' material?
And if so, how to make this animated material?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks!
Best regards,
Lars
www.lm-illustration.dk

(TurboCAD PRO PLATINUM v2018 64bit)

April 04, 2011, 11:12:29 AM

I wonder if any of you know if an animated video/movie (AVI or ?) can be used to make a 'moving' material?
And if so, how to make this animated material?

Hi Lars,

sorry, I haven't had a chance to study your attachment, but, what you are suggesting is certainly possible.

Take a look at . . .

http://www.softdevspb.com/plugins/AniLabPage_40/Files/FilmProjector.avi

. . . it might get you started.

I hope this helps.

Regards Tim

You can design without engineering, but you cannot engineer without design.
Using Win 10 with Designer 2016/2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2018/2019 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab 5.2.

April 04, 2011, 08:41:58 PM
None of my media players can open your AVI.

Fire? interesting challenge - I had a quick play with an old drawing to see if I could liven it up a little

Julian

TC18 / 38.5 Platinum, AL5. XP, Core2 Duo E6750 OC'd 3.0Ghz, Render test: 3mins 3sec.

April 05, 2011, 02:30:56 AM
Thanks Tim and Julian for your input.

What I hope to make, is a fire (fireplace) where the 'flame-video'  use a Alpha channel so the background will be transperant, and the flames also casts shadows (see attached image and test-animation - made with another 3D software. This is for a professional job and not just for hobby).

I need some hint towards how to make an animated video-material. Maybe I should ask SoftDev?

PS: Because this forum has a low limit for file sizes, I have compressed this video with WinRar, because the format .RAR compresses much better than .ZIP.
I'm sorry, but you also have to rename this file extention from .txt to .rar. (again a limitation in this forum).

You can find free RAR decompressors on the web.

Thanks!
Best regards,
Lars
www.lm-illustration.dk

April 08, 2011, 02:17:03 PM
...Maybe I should ask SoftDev?

Probably best...I've no idea on this one and would like to see how they did the moving car projector that Tim posted link to. I can do similar in my video editor (alpha channel, PiP, etc) but don't think SoftDev would use 3rd party program in creation of promo material.

Julian

TC18 / 38.5 Platinum, AL5. XP, Core2 Duo E6750 OC'd 3.0Ghz, Render test: 3mins 3sec.

* April 08, 2011, 03:28:04 PM
Perhaps you could make a number of similar but not identical images of the fire, place them on different layers, and make a different one of those layers visible in each successive frame.

Henry H

April 13, 2011, 11:29:57 AM
Hi Lars,

I have played around with this idea as can be seen from the attached example.

The TCW file has all the images embedded, using Image Manager, which is why it
is too large to post here.  If you would like to study the TCW and scenario
files, please let me know and I'll post them.  Same for anyone that might like a
look.

I answer all emails.

Obviously, any filmed or drawn sequence of suitable images could be used
in a similar fashion - film of a real fire, for instance.

Regards Tim

Using Win 10 with Designer 2016/2017 and TurboCAD Pro. Plat. 2018/2019 + Lightworks (64-bit versions) + AnimationLab 5.2.

April 13, 2011, 12:59:43 PM
Thanks Tim,
yes, please mail the TCW file to me  - it looks very interesting. 

(Also thanks to Henry and Julian for their suggestions!!!)

Thanks!
Best regards,
Lars
www.lm-illustration.dk

April 13, 2011, 04:17:54 PM
None of my media players can open your AVI.

Fire? interesting challenge - I had a quick play with an old drawing to see if I could liven it up a little

Nice, I really like this

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

April 14, 2011, 02:23:35 PM
Thanks Tim,
yes, please mail the TCW file to me  - it looks very interesting. 

Sent to info@exanimo.dk

I didn't understand the reply, which, I'm guessing, was in Danish!

Regards Tim