TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Flower Vase
Read 5757 times
* February 10, 2011, 05:46:46 PM
Made this in TC 11.2 with wrapping and glass materials.The one viewport is without the glass just wrap that I created Paint net.Background was also modify to get Blur effect.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* February 10, 2011, 07:22:08 PM
Very nice, WD, and that's an original way of using "Glass."

Henry H

February 10, 2011, 09:43:08 PM
Beautiful results WD.

BradE [ dean3Design ]
Core i7-3930K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32GB 1333 DDR3, FirePro V5900
TC 21 Platinum (64-Bit) Running on Win7 Pro SP1

February 11, 2011, 07:54:51 AM
Way to go, WD. We don't get to see enough of your work.

Don Ritchie

TC 11.2 and 17.2 Platinum

February 11, 2011, 09:04:12 AM
Nice job on the vase W.D.

Is that your kitchen in the background image?

February 11, 2011, 12:52:16 PM
Beutiful image WD, very effective use of bumpy glass.

One caveat, I'm seeing an optical illusion - my eyes are saying the top square opening is oblique cut, my mind is saying nah - it's perspective and I'm looking at the opening from below (through the glass). Maybe rotate the view a little to misalign the closest/furthest corners would help.

Julian

TC18 / 38.5 Platinum, AL5. XP, Core2 Duo E6750 OC'd 3.0Ghz, Render test: 3mins 3sec.

* February 11, 2011, 02:21:49 PM
Thanks for your interest Guys

Don C. its image I tweak,nope not my Kitchen.

Julian no perspective activated.Its in Dimetric mode.In the enclose attachment the profiles is what I used when I Lofted.To set the wrap image pattern was a task to get the vertical white streamers to flow up right in the image.

Don R. I'm working quite few images slated for the Gallery just need to catch up.

W.D. :)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 02:29:40 PM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton

February 11, 2011, 08:52:51 PM
the glass and BG is nice, how about showing a little shadow on the base. that would really set it off

Take Care
Craig
Using TurboCAD v18.2; Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz;<BR>Win 7 ProSp1; 6GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM; EVGA GeForce GTX 460 1GB
DeviantArt Gallery @ http://crag-dolomite.deviantart.com/gallery
TurboCAD Animators @ http://www.vimeo.com/channelTCAnim

* February 14, 2011, 01:46:49 PM
the glass and BG is nice, how about showing a little shadow on the base. that would really set it off
Thanks Craig sorry didn't response sooner just notice your post.I tried the shadow catcher when I first did the creation but couldn't pull it off.I'm thinking do something with lights but don't know were to target them to get the right shadow.I'm open for suggestions? If have sample image that you can post showing the shadow and line of light path would will help me understand to get better handle on it.

Thanks
W.D.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2011, 09:57:47 AM by wd »

February 16, 2011, 07:07:17 PM
Thanks Greg sorry didn't response sooner just notice your post.I tried the shadow catcher when I first did the creation but couldn't pull it off.I'm thinking do something with lights but don't know were to target them to get the right shadow.I'm open for suggestions? If have sample image that you can post showing the shadow and line of light path would will help me understand to get better handle on it.

Thanks
W.D.

well I don't have a vase handy, but I was playing around with dielectric reflection, trying to have them both cast a shadow, and reflect the color transparency on to the floor

Take Care
Craig
Using TurboCAD v18.2; Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz;<BR>Win 7 ProSp1; 6GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM; EVGA GeForce GTX 460 1GB
DeviantArt Gallery @ http://crag-dolomite.deviantart.com/gallery
TurboCAD Animators @ http://www.vimeo.com/channelTCAnim

* February 16, 2011, 08:17:58 PM
Thanks Greg sorry didn't response sooner just notice your post.I tried the shadow catcher when I first did the creation but couldn't pull it off.I'm thinking do something with lights but don't know were to target them to get the right shadow.I'm open for suggestions? If have sample image that you can post showing the shadow and line of light path would will help me understand to get better handle on it.

Thanks
W.D.

well I don't have a vase handy, but I was playing around with dielectric reflection, trying to have them both cast a shadow, and reflect the color transparency on to the floor

Now, that's really nice.

Henry H

February 17, 2011, 04:38:34 AM
CDSGraphics (Craig) said
but I was playing around with dielectric reflection, trying to have them both cast a shadow, and reflect the color transparency on to the floor

Good idea; very nice result.

Don Ritchie

TC 11.2 and 17.2 Platinum

July 14, 2011, 04:58:50 PM
A beautiful, earthy glass feel, looks like it's been hand blown...nice work W.D.

The CAD man
Garry Wilson
Crips-CAD Creations
TC version 20 Pro Platinum + Animation Lab

* July 15, 2011, 09:40:49 AM
Nice Job WD, good to see more examples of glass work. I have never been able to get a good render of glass. I always wanted  to try out more glass with my sculptures, and to my surprise the  updated lightworks engine in V18 really does a great job.

Craig , love your examples of glass also, very realistic, would you mind sharing some of your settings ??.