TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Had Enough Snow Yet?
Read 3768 times
* February 02, 2011, 05:09:18 PM
More snow is on the way.Are your ready?Just some thing off the topic,in the enclosed images

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

* February 02, 2011, 05:20:38 PM
Those pics look like scenes from a Sci-Fi horror movie. Can't wait for global warming to set in.

Henry H

February 02, 2011, 05:23:40 PM
Had plenty here in Wisconsin. 18" plus 4 - 6 foot drifts.  Southern part of state closed for business today. Too tired from digging to take any pictures.

"Be who you are and say what you feel.. because those who mind do not matter, and those who matter do not mind"

* February 02, 2011, 05:35:42 PM
I take Henry your winter season not going well?At my end it hasn't been as bad all I got was rain and the snow is melting here in Philly Pa. I got a foot of snow last week.I wouldn't want be by your parts Tom I haven't seen 18"snow since I was a young lad.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton

* February 02, 2011, 06:11:24 PM
Down here in the Los Angeles area it's been chilly and windy but next week we'll be in the 80's.  Just think what the snow storm would be like it you didn't have global warming.  :-)

John B.

John B.
TCv2019 Platinum
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
1 GB Hard Drive 16 GB RAM
AMD Radeon RX 580 Series

* February 02, 2011, 06:17:32 PM
Well spring is coming...so it's time to get out the edge trimmer and clean up the yard.

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

February 02, 2011, 06:17:59 PM
Do you want to borrow our snow-blower?

Julian

TC18 / 38.5 Platinum, AL5. XP, Core2 Duo E6750 OC'd 3.0Ghz, Render test: 3mins 3sec.

* February 03, 2011, 06:44:08 AM
I'm waiting for more.  ;D

It was about 30" all the way out of the cul-de-sac to the main street. One of my neighbors did a good portion of my driveway with his snowblower and I spent about 8 hours doing the rest. At least the sun came out to give a helping hand. By sundown, the driveway and front porch were clean, but no way to get out. The plows did appear finally, so the little woman could get into the office. The one thing that surprised the wife was the tiny Weber grill was still sitting on the back patio table; despite the 60+ mph winds.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

February 03, 2011, 07:23:22 AM
I'm waiting for more.  ;D

It was about 30" all the way out of the cul-de-sac to the main street. One of my neighbors did a good portion of my driveway with his snowblower and I spent about 8 hours doing the rest. At least the sun came out to give a helping hand. By sundown, the driveway and front porch were clean, but no way to get out. The plows did appear finally, so the little woman could get into the office. The one thing that surprised the wife was the tiny Weber grill was still sitting on the back patio table; despite the 60+ mph winds.

That's a great looking neighborhood. I bet nobody gets to work after that kind of snow fall.

* February 03, 2011, 07:39:18 AM
Schools are still closed today.

When I lived in NYC, we got hit a real good storm (early 90's) and couldn't get near my apartment. I drove back into Manhattan and slept in my tractor on the ramp in the building. Me and another guy (who did the same thing) were the only ones that showed up for work that Friday night. We did the run from Metro NY to the Philly airport and back at 35mph. Driving was OK, but fighting the boredom was something else at that speed.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

February 03, 2011, 12:44:29 PM
The mower was a couple of kiwi guys, always thinking ;D

* February 04, 2011, 03:49:18 AM
Down in Florida, all we get is  "Snow Birds",  just kidding, I love you guys.

Come on down, we need to build you some buildings, :-)

IV

* February 06, 2011, 03:30:04 PM

DonCW
2017 Pro with Light Works Plug in
2018 Platinum

Windows 10
There's so much to learn and not much time left to learn it.

* February 06, 2011, 04:26:01 PM
That was quite entertaining Don.Which I'm waiting for some one to come up with crop circles or designs in the snow.

The video reminds of a prank when I was in high school that my fellow students came up with which they got tired of the girls walking four across the hallway.So they put 100 feet of 2 wide red tape down the middle of the hallway with arrows indicating flow of traffic.Now that was funny to watch it actually worked for a while,It was like smooth automobile traffic.Than later the janitor pulled the tape up.I was hoping they come up with traffic light of sorts at the intersections of the hall ways ;D

* February 06, 2011, 04:54:34 PM
More snow is on the way.Are your ready?Just some thing off the topic,in the enclosed images
Photo 2 looks "shopped" to me, for  a variety of reasons.

TCW Pro 14.2
TC Deluxe 16.2 Build 53.2

* February 06, 2011, 05:14:13 PM
Photo 2 looks "shopped" to me, for  a variety of reasons.

Nope its the real McCoy in fact it the all the photos where broadcasted over the news media,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niEIuwLCCiQ&feature=geosearch