TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Remember to do a search before you ask a question!!!

Unable to create view by line V16.1
Read 2333 times
* July 06, 2009, 04:00:05 AM
For an example, I have created a simple 3d cube and placed a view of it in paper space I have then drawn a line which I want to represent the section. I have then selected the View by line tool in the drafting pallete. I click on the cube but TC won't let me select it, the line or anything else? What am I doing wrong? Is there a setting somewhere that I need to adjust? I can provide a more detailed description if needed. I want to use this tool to provide me with sections of a 3D lofted surface when I figure out how to use it!

Thanks is advance

* July 06, 2009, 06:06:34 AM
The Create by Viewline is used to create a section of a Drafting Palette object/view.

You create a View with the Drafting Palette, insert that view into Paper Space, and draw a line through this view. Then you use the Create by Viewline, select the view, select the line, pick which side of the viewline you want... and you now have the view that you want.

See Attached... maybe it will help.

[attachment deleted by admin]

AMD Phenom 1090T
8GB RAM
Radeon 5450 1GB
Windows 7
Redsdk  - Off
Editing History - On
v19.2 Platinum, x64

* July 06, 2009, 07:15:37 AM
GregT,

Thanks alot, I now understand.

To save opening a new thread does anyone know where the "layout" tool is hiding? I can't find it where its described in the manual (P575) or anywhere else.

Thanks again

* July 06, 2009, 09:21:28 AM
does anyone know where the "layout" tool is hiding? I can't find it where its described in the manual (P575) or anywhere else.

In the the Mechanical or Platinum edition of Pro, it's in the Tools menu under "Woodworking." It isn't available in other editions or in Deluxe.

Henry H

* July 06, 2009, 12:28:00 PM
In the the Mechanical or Platinum edition of Pro, it's in the Tools menu under "Woodworking." It isn't available in other editions or in Deluxe.

Henry H

Being that the Woodworking tool is a Plug-in, I believe it will work in any edition of V16 Pro. I have Woodworking in the Pro Basic edition, but it's not in V16 Deluxe.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* July 06, 2009, 02:31:08 PM
Being that the Woodworking tool is a Plug-in, I believe it will work in any edition of V16 Pro. I have Woodworking in the Pro Basic edition, but it's not in V16 Deluxe.

I stand corrected. Forgot about it being a Plug-in.

Henry H