TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Trying to follow by path
Read 2142 times
January 20, 2011, 02:48:35 PM
I have an attached TCW file and it's Movie.  I'm trying to get the Paddle to follow the path (around the sprokets), but when I run it, my paddle is skewed, and going backwards.  What am I doing wrong?

Thx
TC 17 Pro

January 21, 2011, 03:35:07 AM
Changing the direction is easy - just flip the polyline path 180° along the X or Y axis.

I've tried moving, rotating, resetting references and deleting and recreating actors but the paddle keeps skewing with start/end point at lower left, so I assume your drawing is either haunted or somewhere in it's history is a non-reset or undo that you missed. What I haven't tried yet is exploding, repositioning and recreating the actors. As a quick test, I recreated your model (in 2D) and it worked fine.

Julian

TC18 / 38.5 Platinum, AL5. XP, Core2 Duo E6750 OC'd 3.0Ghz, Render test: 3mins 3sec.

January 21, 2011, 08:58:26 AM
I've learned something through trouble shooting.. It's the path.  It's not the moving actor, it's the path.  For some reason, it doesn't like the way I'm creating my path.  All I'm doing is drawing a couple lines, circles at either end, triming them, joining polyline.. Hmmm...