TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Be sure your post is relevant to the current discussion.  Create a new topic within the appropriate board if you are unsure.

Water Jug
Read 2635 times
* December 27, 2010, 06:09:01 PM
Its been while since I posted something in the Gallery I thought I do something little different.The image wrapping was done with images I created in Paint.Net from scratch. The shapes was done with Lofting & Sweeping on Path in TC.

W.D.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

December 27, 2010, 06:45:23 PM
Nice job on the jug and cup, W.D.

Don't know why, but the jug has a kind of Egyptian feel to it.

December 27, 2010, 06:46:32 PM
Lovely, bright presentation, W.D.

Don Ritchie

TC 11.2 and 17.2 Platinum

* December 27, 2010, 07:14:20 PM
Very pretty, WD. I wish you'd share your pictures more often.

Henry H

* December 27, 2010, 07:17:42 PM
Looks good! I'm curious why did you not use the revolve tool for the shapes?

December 27, 2010, 10:04:04 PM
Nice work W.D.

What do you think of Paint.net?

BradE [ dean3Design ]
Core i7-3930K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32GB 1333 DDR3, FirePro V5900
TC 21 Platinum (64-Bit) Running on Win7 Pro SP1

* December 28, 2010, 04:18:31 AM
Your right Don I was kind of was shooting with the Egyptian theme. After watching movie on TV it got me thinking to making some thing to do similar.

I don’t know either Henry it may be that I have hard time finding some kind of inspiration in my skill level. I often come to the forum to educate myself and improve my skill its been a big help over the years.

I guess could of revolve it Stephen I found it simpler to control the arcs and smoother surface finish and faster to create. Along with using the Acis settings from pdf. sample sheet John R‘s. created in back in old forum was a able to get less facets on the objects.

Brad Paint.net has some great tools to work with and has become quite better. The older versions it had lot more Effects that I prefer than the newer. Also like the price. But Photoshop has the variety of tools with more capabilities IMO. Both are fine softwares to have to put the final touch into the image when working with TC. Thank you guys for your kind interest and thoughts.

W.D.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 06:08:05 PM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton

* December 28, 2010, 05:59:09 AM
WD thanks for the recomendation for paint.net I just downloaded it looks good.

December 28, 2010, 06:11:16 AM
Very nice use of wrapped images.

"Be who you are and say what you feel.. because those who mind do not matter, and those who matter do not mind"

* December 28, 2010, 09:38:53 AM
Your Welcome Stephen

You'll it find it takes time to get familiar to work with in the beginning.But some research in its forum can be useful aid to get you started.

Thanks Tom
The wraps is something I created off the cuff kind of thing.The light blue one I did with the with the kaleidoscope effect in paint.net to get the pattern .Beige color is random line pattern.I was surprise my self it took well.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 06:05:54 PM by wd »