TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Cannot Apply a Constraint to a Spline
Read 2167 times
* July 02, 2009, 12:50:36 PM
The folks here say that you can apply a constraint to a spline.

For me, I have *NEVER* been able to apply a constraint to a spline. It doesn't matter the file. I have reinstalled. I have installed on another machine.

No matter the contraint solected, for me, TC will not highlight the spline. If I click on a spline I get the Turbocad "Beep". I can highlght and constraint lines and curves but not splines.

Let me work backwards on this.....

Is there any configuration setting that does not allow you to apply a constraint to a spline????

* July 02, 2009, 04:05:25 PM
Can't imagine what the problem is, Jim. You're sure they really are Splines and not Beziers or Polylines (exploded Splines) ...right?

Henry H

* July 02, 2009, 09:16:37 PM
Nope, they are splines.

Have not tried it with a bezier curve.

I just sit down, draw some splines and some lines...

They the lines will highlight. The splines will not. Clicking just gives a beep beep beep beep beep.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Just tried it with bezier curves....doesn't work their either.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 09:18:57 PM by bigjimslade »

* July 09, 2009, 10:36:32 AM
It has been suggested to me that spline constraints are not a feature of TC Pro.

Could this be correct?

* July 09, 2009, 03:28:31 PM
It has been suggested to me that spline constraints are not a feature of TC Pro.

Could this be correct?

Certainly not -- but the ability is severely limited. I can apply certain kinds of constraints to splines in 16.1 Pro (Points Coincident, Coincident, Tangent, and Connect).

Henry H

* July 09, 2009, 08:24:54 PM
That's what I would expect -- as many constraints are not really applicable to a spline.

It does not seem to make sense that a 2D function like this would be limited in the pro version.