TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

All posts discussing pricing or where to buy TurboCAD will be deleted.

Problem joining polylines to arcs and extruding in TC Pro V14
Read 1666 times
* July 01, 2009, 04:41:37 AM
The problem is when i try to join polylines to arcs, the arc seems to change from a smooth curve to a few straight lines. Then when i try to extrude the arc, the arc remains but the extrude is a straight line between the arc ends.

Attached is the drawing in question. When i try to join the outer polyline, 'not the part outline', the arc across the top changes from an arc to straight lines. The same happens when i try the same on other drawings with arcs.

Henry, a forum user kindly suggested the following but i had no joy. Can anyone think what the problem is. Thanks Grant

Henry Hubich
Beta Tester

Re: Problem joining polylines in TC Pr V14
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 11:43:48 AM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arcs can be troublesome at times, especially if the subtended angle is small. If your original arcs are smooth enough, consider not using Join Polyline at all, opting instead for the "Use compound profile" setting when you extrude (or revolve, or loft, or whatever). Another approach is to trace the existing entities with a Spline and use that instead of the original objects. This practically guarantees smoothness

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 03:12:52 AM by grantmackay80 »

* July 01, 2009, 10:38:44 AM
It would help if you attached a TCW file with the problem objects, then someone can make a better assessment of what is wrong.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit