TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

16-1 Patch
Read 2828 times
* June 30, 2009, 01:30:22 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK, this has to be something I am doing wrong. I had  build 36.7 so I installed the patch for that version. As normal it removed all of my symbol librairies and replaced them with the default ones. So I go and remove all of these and redirect the program to the ones I have set up in the My Documents folder. Everything is working fine at this point. I close the program, when I reopen the program all of the folders are there but there is nothing in them. What am I doing wrong.
   I have  done this setup procedure since TC11 and never had a problem, have things changed in the new patch? I like my folders in a certain order and not alpha numeric order so I number them the way I want them to appear.
   I go to options-libriaries-new ( find the folder in my docs.)- open ( at ttis point I add the number of the order)-OK. I do this for all of my folders and they all apear to be there until I reboot. Any answers?
   Myron Wilson  (Frustrated )
I think I posted this in the wrong place the first time. I posted in the patches and updates.

June 30, 2009, 01:51:39 PM
Are you in Favorites instead of All Symbols?

If you are in the All Symbols tab try right clicking in the area where the symbols should be and choose refresh.

Rip Fowler
IMSIDesign LLC

* June 30, 2009, 02:28:58 PM
I have been that route and the folders change there orientation and when I close and reopen the folders are empty again.
  Myron

* June 30, 2009, 02:36:24 PM
I have now uninstalled the program, reinstalled so that I have the lower build and have tried to install the 255mb patch. I now get a message saying that a previous version is installed and I have to remove it before I can install the new one. The add and remove did not show a program before I reinstalled.
    Myron

* June 30, 2009, 04:03:28 PM
I have now uninstalled the program, reinstalled so that I have the lower build and have tried to install the 255mb patch. I now get a message saying that a previous version is installed and I have to remove it before I can install the new one. The add and remove did not show a program before I reinstalled.
    Myron

The 200+Mb file is the entire program. You have to uninstall your earlier version of V16, then run the downloaded EXE file. It going to unpack the install files, then install the program. I believe it gives you a chance to specify where you want to place the Install files if you don't like where they're going to.

What Operating System are you using?
How are you installing the Symbols? Options / Symbol Libraries or through the Symbols palette?

I seem to be experiencing your problem in Vista64, but not in XP.
EDIT: The problem may have been was caused by me. :-)

John R.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 04:14:22 PM by John R »

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* June 30, 2009, 04:16:24 PM
I usually go thru the options- symbol lib., But I have also tried it thru the pallette. Sams results.
   Myron

* June 30, 2009, 05:31:41 PM
OK on loading Symbols.

I find that something is not right. There are folders showing up empty and Refresh makes them disappear. If I go to "All Symbols" and do a Refresh, everything returns to normal (but it runs the Load Library function to get there). I'm sure there's a BUG in here someplace. Once I shutdown and restart TC, the folders show up empty again.

This is happening in both XP and Vista64.

John R.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* July 02, 2009, 01:58:11 PM
I Have gone back to 36.7 until the patch works. Is this something that is being worked on, I have not seen any posts from others with this problem, or is there a work around that others are using.
  Myron  TC16

* July 03, 2009, 06:08:53 PM
Sounds like you need to issue a bug report.