TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

text color not changing
Read 2946 times
* June 24, 2009, 07:53:47 AM
Hi All,
running TC16 pro and I have a drawing where I am adding text over an air photo.  In previous versions I could change the text color to red or white to have it show up better.  In v16 I have tried changing the pen and text colors to white, but the text stays black.....  I don't want to change the layer color because I have other black text on the same layer.

Any suggestions?

June 24, 2009, 08:00:42 AM
This is something that was changed to have TC be more compatible with AC. You will have to create a new white color RGB = 254, 255, 255 and use it instead. Do not name it white.

Do not panic about this as a patch is due out very soon where a switch has been added to use or not use this function.

* June 24, 2009, 08:34:40 AM
Thank you Don,
that did work - I made a new color "air text" with those settings and it did come up white.

Do you know if the patch coming is going to fix the Autocad compatibility problems?  The engineers and surveyors I work with have to save dwg files back to 2000 in order for topo contours and spot elevations to show up in TC16.  I have also had some issues with dimension text changing when saved from TC16 to dwg.....

June 24, 2009, 08:55:29 AM
Thank you Don,
that did work - I made a new color "air text" with those settings and it did come up white.

Do you know if the patch coming is going to fix the Autocad compatibility problems?  The engineers and surveyors I work with have to save dwg files back to 2000 in order for topo contours and spot elevations to show up in TC16.  I have also had some issues with dimension text changing when saved from TC16 to dwg.....

I am afraid that I cannot say for sure what other things have been fixed in regards to AC compatibility. When I need to get my work to those in factories using other programs that require dwg format, I generally explode my text, dimensions and a variety of other things. That would make it difficult if editing is required at the factory end, but I generally make any edits that are required and resend. In this way I am not really collaborating but rather just delivering the final drawings. Sorry I can't offer any real encouragement in this regard.

* July 01, 2009, 02:28:32 PM
When is this patch coming for deluxe