TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

Interested in some really terrific mobile apps? Visit www.turboapps.com for details.

New CAM Software on the TurboCAD Addons page
Read 7290 times
August 11, 2010, 11:45:12 AM

TurboCAD user since v3
 TurboCAD on flickr || My twitter ||

* August 11, 2010, 02:39:08 PM
The Pro version is up there to.Seems lathe features is separate application.be good thing if read tcw.files

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5ADmgIKrFE
« Last Edit: August 11, 2010, 04:32:00 PM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

August 13, 2010, 07:53:53 AM
Rip informed me that this is just a partnership with MechSoft an that one would have to convert to DXF & input into VisualMill. With that said, he also assured me that there will be an update to the CAM plug-in coming soon.

TurboCAD user since v3

* August 13, 2010, 11:44:04 AM
If you look at the comparison chart it shows that the plug-in doesn't do very much. Much less than the current plug-in does.

VisualMill is a good product. I use a version of it called AlibreCAM which is a plug-in for Alibre Modeler. I have found a few bugs but it works much better than the current TurboCAD CAM plug-in (cost a bunch more too).

Eric

August 13, 2010, 12:21:50 PM
Well for the parts I have to make the TurboCAD CAM plug-in is just fine. I would like to see a few new features, but for the money, it does just great. So for now I will stick with it. I may test drive the Alibre products soon though.

TurboCAD user since v3

August 15, 2010, 06:48:07 AM
I use NC Hops for managing our CNC machines.  We have two dongles/ seats  that cost about 10,000 dollars for both. Visual mill probably does the same job but that is not what I am looking for.
Here is what will go a long way.
1.   I draw the cabinet in model space.
2.   Use the “doweling”  tool to click on the side of the cabinet and then click on the shelf adjacent and Turbocad positions & bores the holes for doweling ( usually 8 mm holes )
3.   The same for doors. click on the door and click on the cabinet side and TC creates holes in the correct positions.
4.    The properties.  I will have set up before and I will choose the hole size , the depth of the hole , length of the dowel , spaced apart , the position from the side and the front of.
5.   OK , now we have all the holes in the right places and then select the whole cabinet and hit the flatten button.
6.   All the parts are layed out flat – you know , just like in TC V17.1  woodworking tool.
7.   I then save as a DXF file.
8.   Now I use the new TurboCad CAM software to import that DXF file ,  convert it to G Code and send it to the milling machine.
9.    That will save me many hours of work.

August 15, 2010, 08:58:02 AM
I use NC Hops for managing our CNC machines.  We have two dongles/ seats  that cost about 10,000 dollars for both. Visual mill probably does the same job but that is not what I am looking for.
Here is what will go a long way.
1.   I draw the cabinet in model space.
2.   Use the “doweling”  tool to click on the side of the cabinet and then click on the shelf adjacent and Turbocad positions & bores the holes for doweling ( usually 8 mm holes )
3.   The same for doors. click on the door and click on the cabinet side and TC creates holes in the correct positions.
4.    The properties.  I will have set up before and I will choose the hole size , the depth of the hole , length of the dowel , spaced apart , the position from the side and the front of.
5.   OK , now we have all the holes in the right places and then select the whole cabinet and hit the flatten button.
6.   All the parts are layed out flat – you know , just like in TC V17.1  woodworking tool.
7.   I then save as a DXF file.
8.   Now I use the new TurboCad CAM software to import that DXF file ,  convert it to G Code and send it to the milling machine.
9.    That will save me many hours of work.

Why do you convert to DXF if you create the model in TC. The TC CAM plugin reads the native  TC drawing.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 08:59:53 AM by kmartin »

TurboCAD user since v3