TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

x axis ruler scale shorter than y axis scale
Read 1659 times
* August 03, 2010, 01:04:39 PM
I noticed that when I draw a circle on my screen using TurboCad v 11.2 a round circle appears more like an egg. Why?  I am basically a new user and do not understand this.
Greg McDaniel

* August 03, 2010, 02:31:20 PM
It normally works from the center of the circle to a point,You can set the radius,diameter,circumference in the inspector bar at the lower left of your screen.You can modify the radius in the Selection Palette by adjusting the Major&Minor radius values,or just choose radius value to make the adjustment for the diameter.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2010, 04:10:02 PM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

August 03, 2010, 02:37:35 PM
My first thought is that your monitor resolution is not set correctly for you monitor. Be sure you are using your monitor's native resolution. If you are not using that you may have selected something with the incorrect ratio and the circles are being stretched.

* August 03, 2010, 02:56:21 PM
The monitor resolution aspect ratio that Don mentions came to mind, but you may not be in World/Plan View, where you would be looking straight down. Right-click and choose "World Plan" from the pop-up toolbar above your Local Menu; that may help (hotkey=Ctrl+W). If you hold the mouse wheel down and drag it, your view will turn (orbit), which may have caused this problem or you might have been in an Isometric view.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit