TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

The purpose of these forums is to discuss TurboCAD.  Please keep the discussion of other products to compatibility issues or how the other software’s can be used with TurboCAD.

Adding symbol to library
Read 2393 times
* June 21, 2009, 05:45:27 PM
Something has changed in 16 in regards to adding a symbol to my libraries folders. I create my symbol, make it a group, drag it to the folder and name it, then all other windows come up asking for other information. If I click save on these to close them or just close them the next time I want the symbol It is not there. If I go to my symbols folder in my Docs It shows it but it is not in my palette. In order to get it there I remove the entire folder and then reload it. It appears but there is no image of it.  What has changed?
  Also, for some reason the order of my libraries has changed from the way I put them in. Is this normal?
     Myron Wilson  TC16

* June 21, 2009, 08:09:21 PM
... the next time I want the symbol It is not there. If I go to my symbols folder in my Docs It shows it but it is not in my palette. In order to get it there I remove the entire folder and then reload it. It appears but there is no image of it.  What has changed?
  Also, for some reason the order of my libraries has changed from the way I put them in. Is this normal?
     Myron Wilson  TC16

Right-click in the upper Library palette window and choose "Refresh" to get the new thumbnails to show up, in most cases.

Right-click on a thumbnail that has a question mark and choose "Update Thumbnails". In the "Create Thumbnail" dialog choose "For Selected Items" or "For Current Category", then "Create". You also have options at the top to create a rendered thumbnail in any of the Standard views.

John R.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* August 28, 2012, 08:47:23 AM
I had this problem with Ver 19.

when prompted to give your symbol a name, unless you give your symbol a valid Windows file name when you click okay it does not save it.  The program doesn't tell you that.

Give it a valid file name (no extension) and hit OK.  You then go into a screen that asks you to name the TCW file. 

And you are left with an awkward symbol description but at least it is there in the library.