TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

2D Boolean Ops Problem in Deluxe v15.2
Read 2730 times
* July 16, 2010, 09:51:17 AM
When I click 2D add, subtract or intersect, instead of being able to click on the shapes I want to modify, a crosshair with circle appears.  Caption on bottom left bar says, "Define new position for Relative/Polar origin"  If I click anywhere, it just goes back to the pointer as if nothing happened.  My workspace is in Absolute Coordinates... Can't figure out how to get this operation to function.  Any ideas?  Thank you...

* July 16, 2010, 10:17:53 AM
I'm not sure why the "Relocate Origin" tool would pop up when you select the 2D Add tool. Restarting the program might help, otherwise a Repair or a complete reinstall may do the trick.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
Designer, Deluxe, (Professional, Expert, Basic), Platinum
RedSDK enabled
Windows 10 Pro (1903), 64-bit

* July 18, 2010, 06:02:57 PM
Did this work for you?

I'm in the middle of a similar problem. I'm running 14.2 and suddenly I have problems using Join Polyline and the 2d Boolean operations. They simply do not work. I'm very familiar with the tools; I know how they're supposed to work. My problem is that if I click on the tool in the toolbar or under the Modify menu, nothing happens. The tool is not selected, the inspector bar does not change to show the tool's options, and the status bar says "Select objects(s)" instead of, for example, "Select the first object (subtrahend)".

I've done two or three clean reinstalls with no change whatsoever.

* July 18, 2010, 08:58:53 PM
If working in Vista or Windows 7, using "Run as Administrator" when starting the program might help.   ???

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
RedSDK enabled

* July 19, 2010, 02:30:38 AM
Yeah, I'm running Vista, but "Run as Administrator" doesn't help. Is there a reason that Windows might affect the functionality of TurboCAD? If so, I'm wondering if this problem has anything to do with a Windows update. This version of TC worked fine for me for 2 years and then suddenly... it's all weird.

* July 19, 2010, 10:55:29 AM
re: Windows Update.

That very well could be the culprit, but Join Polyline and the 2D Boolean tools are working here in V14.2 after last weeks update. I'm not sure what you could do except contact Support.

John R.

V17—V21, 2015—2019
RedSDK enabled