TurboCAD Forums

The Ultimate Resource for TurboCAD Knowledge

Register

When posting a problem be sure to include which version you are using.  Give as much information as possible.  If the problem is with a specific file be sure to attache it to your post.

Toy Rocket
Read 2003 times
* June 28, 2010, 01:42:18 PM
Made this for the neighbor's kid. :P
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 07:43:26 AM by wd »

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton
I have not failed Ive just found 10,000 ways that won't work Thomas Edison

June 28, 2010, 03:26:59 PM
Nice job WD. I'll bet he really enjoyed this. I was sure hooked on model rocketry when I was a kid.

P.S. That's a great background image.

BradE [ dean3Design ]
Core i7-3930K CPU @ 4.20GHz, 32GB 1333 DDR3, FirePro V5900
TC 21 Platinum (64-Bit) Running on Win7 Pro SP1

* June 28, 2010, 06:50:10 PM
Thanks Brad.I thought the background was nice also..I printed this out for him and he hung on his wall.I don't know any thing about model rocketry myself.I model it after the V2 but that rocket is not space flight intended as I made it . It was more of a weapon used in WWII with range of 200 miles and speed of 3580 miles hour used by the U.S.,Germany,Soviet Union.One of my next projects slated for the TC Drawing board is Chuck Yeager's Bell X1 (Glamorous Glennis) but have to research that some,

Thanks for the the look see.

W.D.

Even a mistake may turn out to be the one thing necessary to a worthwhile achievement Henry Ford
If I have ever made any valuable discoveries it has been owing more to patient attention than to any other talent Isaac Newton

June 28, 2010, 07:52:39 PM
Great job on this W.D. I bet the neighbor boy was pleased to have this - and printed too!

July 01, 2010, 02:18:03 PM
Rockets?  Did I hear rockets?  What crazy somebody is into rockets?  Oh... wait a minute.   ;)

Seriously, it's a cool rendering.  The fin shape reminds me of a Big Bertha.  What a nice thing to do for a neighbor.  :)

Josh T.
meatballrocketry.com
TC Pro 18.2 & Platinum 2016

* July 01, 2010, 02:49:56 PM
Thanks Don & Josh for nice comments its my first attempt.It was pretty simple and easy to put together took about 45 minutes.Josh since I know your rocket enthusiast
you might find the video of some interest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifTqqxrxuGU&feature=related